Monday, July 06, 2009

4th Weekend

We made our first trip to Cedar Rapids for the 4th of July. It's the first time we have ever been there for the 4th since we have been married.

My dad has a special tradition he does with the 3 oldest grand kids. It's called the "secret stairs" and the kids love it.

Amelia in the "secret" tunnel.

The kids in the "secret" river.


Following the leader.

Cousin Hanker.


My dad gave me rides like this when I was Amelia's age.

Off for a real bike ride.


A little hanging out in the driveway.

Macker cooling off.

Poor Papa getting soaked.

Swimming, a little different than in AZ.


Nanny and the babies.

Where are you going, Lulu?!


Macker's first bike ride.


The helmet bugged him.


Amelia loved waving the flag.



Nanny and the teenagers.


Macker bumped his head.

Taking their babies for a walk.


A little nervous about sparklers.


They loved them!!

Uncle Lee and Aunt Lions.


What a hunk?!

Girl cousins.

Where's Lulu?

Fireworks.





7 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

Thanks for all of the fun. I loved the video montage.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I want to go to the secret steps! I swear I am going on vacation to your parents house.

Too bad your family isn't patriotic or anything...

I might just play the footage of your Dad saying..."Whose in my river?" over...and over...and over.

Jasmyn said...

It's holidays like this that I really wished I lived in the midwest. Sighhhhh....... I will just live vicariously through you for now!
Glad you had a great day!

Carrie said...

Um, what happened to Mac's hair? I almost didn't recognize him without his spiky do!
I love sparklers! Too bad they're illegal here. Bummer.

Rachel said...

Honestly, whenever you post pictures like this (the secret stairs, etc) it makes Shawn tell me we're moving to Iowa. Thanks for sharing these wonderful times with us!

Mikele said...

1. June's bare arms. Is he batting left?

2. Amelia's braids - who did them?

3. When did you learn how to splice video?!?!?

4. Dang, Doi is werhd.

Robyn said...

Aww! We bought our traditional matchers this year but failed to get a picture all in them. Wonder how the Ahwatukee Kids Bike Parade was without us?!? So glad you guys had a fun time in CR and so thankful we got to see you on Sunday :) I love Nanny and Papa and your sisters!