Friday, May 03, 2013

The Day I Surprised My Scooter

My sweetheart is turning 40 (what on earth!!!) tomorrow and so back in January I decided I wanted to surprise him with trip to spend time with his buddies in AZ. I called Robyn, she called Lance and the tickets were purchased. That's when I began the BIGGEST secret I've ever kept from my Scooter. I asked my brother in law's to help me with my plan. So, the fake plan was made for Scott to drive to Iowa and have a golfing weekend with my family. He was excited and actually thought it was a nice surprise to go away for a couple days to golf. But...... as the days got closer he started looking at weather.com and it looked TERRIBLE in Iowa. He was getting more and more depressed. (haha) This past Monday he actually said he should just cancel the trip all together.... (hahahah) We (BIL Thad, my dad and Lance) convinced him that they would still have fun in the rain/snow....
Iowa weather
Scott got home from work to wait for Lance to arrive. (he was in Chicago in business) They were going to follow each other to IA. When Lance arrived I told Scott I had a present for him.... he opened his card and read this...
fffffffff

Right after he read the card I played him a prerecorded video from the party planner(his friend Adam!)



 He was in complete shock!! Complete.
gggggggggggggggg
 He screamed and immediately ran to repack! (if you know him this is so funny!!) Within 10 minutes he was running out the door!!
On their way to AZ
























Now he's in AZ enjoying time with his buddies and I couldn't be any happier.

5 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

What a wonderful surprise!!!! Thanks for the videos, I feel like I was there surprising him too :)

Robyn said...

Love love love love!

Mikele said...

I was just as excited FOR him!!!!

Leanne said...

Soooo Fun! You are such a great wife!

Annabelle said...

You're the nicest, Kate. Love the rhyme on the card. :-)