Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Scotty's Field Trip To The Hospital

Hey Everyone. It's Mikele. I'm totally guest-blogging!

I just got back from the hospital and Katie asked me to update everybody. Scotty is in his own room sleeping soundly - he has the nicest nurses (who offered her everything from a chaplain to speech therapy) and he is on his third bag of IV fluids. They are almost certain that he has C. Diff, so he they were ordering the Flagyl for him as I was leaving. He hasn't had any diarrhea at all today and I don't think he's thrown up since last night. His poop tests will be hopefully back in the morning - both for C. Diff and Rotovirus - and for now he's on clear fluids only. Kristen (nice nurse) was even tracking down probiotics for him. They're not sure how long he'll be staying, but Katie is hopeful that once his electrolytes are back up, he'll be able to recover at home.

I have to back up now - for the pictures. We started out in the ER, where someone cleverly thought that cute aquatic animals painted on every available surface would make the never-ending wait for transport to come, less aggrivating.

Scotty was so sad about his IV, but once the fluids started really kicking in, he was back to his old self for a bit. He even ate two crackers and drank a bunch of orange Gatorade...

Click to see the video of him in action...

Finally, he was wheeled to his new room by a brand-new employee, who, as of last week, worked at Sally's Beauty Supply.

By the time we got there, he was sooo tired and done with all of it - all that would console him was his "blanke-ah," his new man doll and So You Think You Can Dance.

I've got their cell phone at this point, since it needed charging, so if anyone wants to chat...

15 comments:

Scott Murray said...

I am so sad to not be there right now...Thank you Mikele for helping me see my family. Pray for that little boy.

Kers said...

Kel thanks for being such a sweet friend and caring so much for my family. I'm crying looking at the pictures but I'm so thankful they're taking such good care of him. Give him a big hug for me :)

Anonymous said...

Kerstin has kept me up-to-date, too. We are praying for your little man and you. Those pictures are so sad...what a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Arizona; Murrays, Morgans, special friends:), great doctors and nurses too. Special thanks to the Great Physican!
Love and OXOXOX, IA Papa and Nanny

Astraea said...

Oh Scotty, we're praying for you, your Mommy, your Daddy, and Amelia! I'm glad you have such great taste in TV viewing! Do you want to go with me to see them live in November? :)

Love the "cookie" clip! The cracker hanging out of his mouth gave me a good laugh.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

We are praying for you!

Rachel said...

praying for you, Scotty!

Lori said...

Praying for you non-stop sweet Scotty! Hoping that the Dr's can diagnose you properly...and that you settle in and get comfortably "mellow" at the hosptial until you can go home. We love you and your family with our whole hearts. Aunt Lori, Uncle Scott, and cousin's Rylee and Addison (p.s. Rylee is here and wants me to tell Amelia that she can sleep in her bed again any time!) xoxo

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Oh, and what kind of doll is that? And is he wearing a leaf? Is that an Adam doll?

Mikele said...

Peter Pan. I finally looked at the tag instead of just calling him "man."

Anonymous said...

Thursday PM: Just had a little visit at Banner with a very tired, but improved little trooper June Bug....took Katie some pasta. "Mighty Mouse" (umm..Papa Gary, I mean) is landing soon from silver bird! Everyone positive and encouraged..and tired. Thank you always to our Lord and everyone for your prayers for the Murrays! Oh, and Amelia? She's at Club Med these days livin' "la vida loca"!!! Daddy Scott - we love and miss you, Son...I don't have to tell you that you guys are so loved. ps: Daddy wants you to hold on to your hat on the raft.....don't make the mistake of letting go. No, no sharks in those waters......

Astraea said...

Glad to hear Papa is coming! Now that should help Scotty feel better!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Friday PM, Great news; looks like Scottie gets to go home tomorrow if he continues to improve.
Hard to believe there is anything wrong when he looks so great.

What a Champion, I think he will miss his IV bracelet.

Makes a Papa proud.

Rachel said...

Thank you for the updates - I keep checking and praying for Scottie!

The Stutts Family said...

Hunny Bunny Bo-Funny (hey it works with my little Sophie) Fi Fie Fo Funny! My heart breaks for you and little Junie, our prayers are with you, Scooter, and big Scott so far away serving Jesus. Kerstin is keeping us up to date. Hang in there girl and our family verse comes in handy, Jeremiah 29:11, lovin' you guys. - Jill