Saturday, November 24, 2007

Decorating and more


See Scott up on the ladder?
Ready to start decorating.





My little sweethearts.





More decorating.










Scotty loved decorating but he didn't want to leave the or-ments on the tree.





Amelia loved deciding where everything should go.





I don't know why he looks upset, he's the one who stuck his head in a box.





Reach...





They did it!






Then it was off to Glendale Glitters.





We had funnel cake, fire roasted corn, kettle corn and several samples of Starbucks White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha. The kids painted little Christmas ornaments.





Even Juna.










Luker got in on the painting too.






There was snow but the line was really long to play in it. Amelia and O didn't mind they used this little bit to make snowballs and throw them at us.





There's Santa (in the background) the line was long and they wanted 5 dollars just to sit on his lap. I think this is just as good.





There's Jimbo the stilt guy.





Next we went to our favorite street in town to see all the beautiful lights. Junie loved every second.





One house has the backyard all decorated into "A Walk Though Bethlehem". Junie found baby Jesus right away.





The family who owns the house is one of Scott and Lances professors from seminary so he asked the kids if they'd like to roast a marshmallow.










Junie too.





Then we drove to another great street, this time back in Ahwatukee where the lights are set to music. The kids danced and had great time.





Those are some of the flashing trees.



Finally we went to the Christmas Train House. You can get out and push a button and make the train go in a big circle. The train also has candy canes for you to eat. All the kids loved it! In the car Amelia had us all say "1-2-3 THE FUN NEVER ENDS!!!!!"




Back at home Amelia "read" a story from the Bible to Scott before bed. He NEVER sits that still and I know it was cause we wore him out. Overall it was a really great day.


5 comments:

Kers said...

KT - I was so excited to check out your pics but I could only see the 1st 4 - all the rest were RED X's! But I can imagine how MARTHA your house looks for Christmas! Kers

Anonymous said...

Amelia might really be my daughter (hanging ornaments). Your house looks beautiful! Can't wait for Bunco...
Two words: Glendale Glitters.

Mikele said...

I just got out Miles' "My Mom Rules" shirt to wear to Disney.

I am impressed.... not as much with the decorating, but with the wordy descriptions!!!!

Carrie said...

Can I hire you to decorate my house? Only in AZ can you decorate a tree wearing shorts :) LOOKS like your living room should be in a magazine :)

Kers said...

THANK YOU A MILLION for taking the time to repost the pictures. Will I sound like Nanny when I say you are so blessed?! Family, friends, and a life of JOY! Do I sound envious? I would just love to have a Group Activity Leader around here more often :)