Sunday, January 27, 2008

Something to consider...

This is a post from a woman whose child had major complications at birth.
When I read this, my reaction was yes-this is exactly how I feel.
I just wanted to share it with you all.

"With all that, let me just say. Quincy is the best thing that ever happened to us. At his birth, we became different people. We grew up. Through our brokenness God created a new person and a new outlook. . Obviously the hardest part about it is that he will suffer. It will cause him frustration and pain and hurt. And that is heartbreaking.
But there are blessings and depths you just can’t get to without traveling a road of suffering. And I think that’s what is hard for people to understand who have not gone through something similar. Although we all pray for perfectly healthy babies–I have a hard time with that one now. Simply because I have loved a broken child. And I know that although painful, it has brought my deepest joy and is my highest privilege." Jody Landers

6 comments:

Kers said...

So true!

Kristi said...

I'm a blubbering mess. And can't even blame it on pregnancy hormones... just the knowledge of the deep, deep love for our children, whether "broken" or not -- that will forever change us.

My prayers are with you and your newest sweetness!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness...tears.

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Kiki said...

So true.

I already worry that our next one will have club foot. But, I know it just doesn't matter.

Anonymous said...

Amen :)