Monday, July 20, 2009

Date Night

Scott's buddy Jeremy was in town for a speaking engagement with Compassion. He invited us to join him at Ignite Chicago.
We didn't realize that we were actually going to be VIP with back stage passes. View from the VIP lounge.

Having dinner.

Then it was time to head backstage. SWEET!



I'm not exactly sure how it happened but we ended up ON THE STAGE. Crazy!The first band we saw was Reliant K. We didn't know their music at all but the people in the audience were singing every word.
Can you see how close we are to the singers?

Scott was loving life.

Time for our buddy Jeremy to speak.



It started getting dark and then it was time for the feature artist. Jeremy introduced us to this nice guy named MAC who just happened to be the lead singer of THIRD DAY! He was so nice.
There's the whole band about one second before taking the stage.

Walking on to the stage.

Us joining them on the stage.

Scott was pretty excited.
Can you see the singer behind me?
Check out the crowd.
I think my Scooter could join the band?!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Life looks SO boring in Chicagi.

Scott Murray said...

that was 3 fingers for 3rd day! Come on, I have been to the hood...i know these things!!!

Carrie said...

I like the stealth shot of your bud, Mac! Like you held the camera at your waist and just hoped his head would end up in the frame. LOVE IT!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh I love the video! Gave me goosebumps to hear so many people singing....and your stealth moves onto stage - pretty awesome. What a fun time!!

Mikele said...

Josh loved that Scott was wearing his chair shirt.

Whew, I'm glad you didn't wear red, Katie.

So cool.