Saturday, June 05, 2010

Sissy's Party

All week weather.com has called for terrible storms on Friday evening so we had planned to have all the games inside. Her party was from 6-8 and guess what?! NOT one bit of rain. Thank God!Our friend Calla came over to help with the party. Here she is making fun of my job hanging Amelia's sign.
Okay, that's better... This is the only picture you'll see of Macker, my nice friend Amy saved the day and took him for the whole evening! (thanks again!)


Scotty was in Iowa visiting my mom and dad so it was really just a girls party. (+dad) The girls started arriving and began decorating their prize bags.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Water balloon toss.

Back inside for some HOT POTATO.

Scooter provided the music!

The final 2.

Next up, musical chairs only it was a little bit more cake walk style.

Then to the basement for "Pin the bow on Amelia" (our version of pin the tail on the doney). I didn't get a chance to take a picture because I was too busy securing the pink bandanna around their heads and spinning them... After that we had an egg race in the yard. Each girl got a spoon and a plastic egg filled with m&m's. Then it was time for pizza.




For the final game Scott and I made up a treasure hunt with 7 clues all over the house. The girls had to work as a team find the prizes.




The Prizes were little name necklaces for each of them. I'm so thankful Jen taught me how to stamp.
By the end of the party Calla had had just about enough of little 1st grade girls. She was really thankful that she works in the student ministry and not the children's ministry at church.
The last ones to leave were these 2 little sweethearts! It was the best night and Amelia had such a fun time. I'm thankful it's over!

***Just FYI- I got all my party ideas from my friend Mikele. She's the one with the good ideas.

8 comments:

Kers said...

Looks like Amelia loved every second! Great job parents! :)

Mikele said...

1. Seems wrong that we weren't there.

2. I really wish Scott could have helped with Kate's party... Josh's iPod was... well, not as great.

3. The gum chewing!

4. Is it just me or did it seem that Amelia won every game? I know you guys are NOT above rigging.

5. Happy Birthday, Amelia!

Kristi said...

FUNNEST!

Rachel said...

What an awesome party! Love love love the necklaces!!

Blog Stalker said...

Everything looks so fun. My daughter will be two in a couple of weeks...what do you have planned?

Carrie said...

Totally hiring you for an October and January party. The weather will be beautiful here ... so plan for outdoor games and such. Can't wait!

And is it strange that I bought my yet to be born daughter the same outfit that your child has on (only in pink) from Costco last week ... even though the smallest size they had was 2T???

feather said...

Looks like the best "7th" birthday party a girl could have! Great job on all of it! Will you plan my 21st birthday?

feather said...

Looks like the best "7th" birthday party a girl could have! Great job on all of it! Will you plan my 21st birthday?