Tuesday, August 24, 2010

2nd Grade

We woke Sissy this morning with breakfast in bed. She had been a little teary about summer being over. (me too)
Scott sang "Happy 2nd grade to you... "
Sissy picked out her new school outfit.
My sweethearts! Macker kept saying, "I miss you, Sissy." ( I think he's heard me)
Oh how I'm going to miss her all day long!
Walking to school.
Her wonderful school!
So thankful for her BFF Tyson in her class this year.
Here's her new teach Miss. Campbell. She greeted each student with a big hug. ( I love that!!!)
Her desk, not too far from Tyson.
After Sissy was sitting in her desk for a while she got up and ran over and hugged me. She whispered in my hear, "I have a feeling this is going to be the best year, don't worry about me mom..."
It's been 2 hours and 15 minutes. I can hardly wait to pick her up!!

11 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

I love her stylish outfit. I hope her first day is wonderful.

It makes me a little teary just thinking about Lulu going to school...

Carrie said...

That just made me tear up a bit ... the don't worry about me mom part. SWEET back to school outfit!!!

Scott Murray said...

So proud of you Amelia! You will always be my little star!

feather said...

I love Sissy's heart, she makes me cry :) I still can't believe she's in 2nd grade! Give her a big kiss for me and I'm thankful she was able to get well before school started!

Mikele said...

I'd totally go back to second grade if I got breakfast in bed! Her teacher looks sweet and loving and I bet her shoes are really comfy.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Wow...second grade is practically grown up! That is amazing! We are really proud of you Amelia and pray that you will have a wonderful year! Your teacher looks like she has A LOT of years of experience under her stretchy waistband! We wish you the best! Love you!

Astraea said...

2nd grade...where did the time go. Weren't we just meeting at Wildflower with three baby girls?

Robyn said...

Yes, her outfit is ADORABLE. She is an absolute doll! Love you like crazy, Mia Baby. So happy your first day went well and that Tyson is in your class :)

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

OMG....Amelia is such a little Fashion Diva!! She could totally pass as a Becky Fabulous grandchild!!
Happy 1st week of school Amelia!!!

Kristi said...

Sweet girl! Praying for The Best Year Ever!!

Rachel said...

She is such a sweet little girl. And dresses so nice. Love this post.