Monday, April 18, 2011

Sheep

Today was our 3rd annual trip to Klein Creek Farm for Sheep Shearing! The first time Macker was such a baby and Junie was scared of worms. The second time was really fun too.

Cute faces.
Time for the shearing! Macker found the best spot on Sissy's lap.
Poor sheep.
Scotty couldn't watch!

Showing off! Each kid got a piece of wool if they could tell the farmer something made from wool. Mac just stood with his hand out yelling..."SOCKS" over and over until the lady finally put wool in his hand.
I love our family. Scott and I told the kids that we will NEVER come to the sheep shearing again for the rest of our lives without SAMUEL! (Have I mentioned how hard it is to be home without him??)
Checking out the cows.
My Scooter.

Jumping.
The farm.
Scott took the kids 'fishing'.

I can't wait till all the trees are covered in leaves.
Back to the Prairie Path.
Thumbs up!

5 comments:

Candi said...

I keep wondering how you are doing, now that you've met him and spent time with him. I can't imagine how hard it is for you to have had to leave him! Praying for you, he will be home soon!

Carrie said...

Looks like my dream!!!! Sheep shearing and all!!!!!

Mikele said...

I think watching them being sheared would be kind of cool. I can totally picture Macker yelling at the wool lady....

Rachel said...

We're praying you get to bring that sweetie home soon!! He'll be the one yelling 'socks' next year :)

Love these photos - your kids are getting so big.

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

What a fun time! I'm sure glad your cow didn't have a "5th leg" (as Colby called it) in your picture!! LOL
Mr. Samuel will have a blast going to sheep sheering next year! Fun fun memories!!