Sunday, May 15, 2011

Surprise

This past Thursday night some nice girls from church asked me to hang out. I was looking forward to spending time with them. That same night I was going to a wine tasting event with some of my favorite neighbors but the night before I had gotten a text that it was suddenly canceled. Of course, I didn't put 2 + 2 together but when I arrived at my friends house it was actually a surprise shower for Sam and I!!! I was seriously shocked. It was beautiful and thoughtful and I loved every bit of it. My biggest surprise was ROBYN!! There she was standing in the midst of all my Wheaton friends. It was so fun to laugh, dream and pray for our Samuel. 1/2 way through the shower my MOM knocked on the door. All the way from Iowa too! For the game there was a video from Kel, Jen and Heather with all kinds of "Murray Trivia". I cried just thinking of all the thoughtfulness. I didn't have my camera but some of the other girls took pictures and when they forward them to me I will post.




Ok, so here's the next morning. My mom and Robyn joined right in the craziness! (Love them)




My dad and Scott started early edging my lawn "the right way" as my dad would say...








June could cuddle Robyn all day!




Macker is totally addicted to the knee and elbow pads I found him at a garage sale.





Nanny spent hours listening to Macker tell stories in the play house. It was pouring rain but it didn't stop the fun. They made mud birthday cakes and blew out the candles... needless to day, Macker was devastated when Nanny and Papa when home.




Junedog was a soccer star and showed off for Nanny and Papa. (my camera battery died so this is the only picture I got of them.









Next, it was time for Sissy's dress rehearsal and pictures for her dance class. She has loved her dance class again this year. She has the nicest teacher and she's learned so much.

Nanny was there to cheer her on!




Pictures.





Time for the dress rehearsal.







Sissy seriously gets nicer each day (if that's possible) and she is a pure joy to be around. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am to have her as my daughter.




How can my tiny baby be so grown-up?!




5 comments:

Rachel said...

AWWW!! What an awesome, sweet surprise :)

Katie and Bret said...

yay!! It almost looks like Robyn is wearing Star Wars pants :) So glad you got to celebrate Samuel!!

Carrie said...

What a fun surprise! So glad to see that your mom is no longer wearing pleather and has a regular black jacket :) She looks fabulous! And that A ... amazing!!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

What great fun! So glad you had a fun surprise shower! Love the kids...they are growing up fast!

Mikele said...

Macker & his weird kneepads! Love it & I can't wait to see pictures of the shower!