Monday, November 07, 2011

Sam

I can't remember if I ever showed these pictures on the blog. (I could go back and look but I'm lazy) I got these pictures from our friends in Ethiopia when they were there picking up their son. Sam had so many skin/scalp issues that the doctor at his transition home shaved his head. It was quite a shock to see him like this.
Ethiopia April 2011
That poor little sweetheart.
Ethiopia April 2011
Fast forward to November and look at this cute head of hair. We had a fun lunch this past Friday with Jacob and his family. They were in town getting fingerprints for their next adoption. These buddies are so cute together. Read more about Jacob and his family HERE. (they have more big news!)We love seeing them!
 
I'm thinking they're going to be college roommates.

Okay, back to Sammer's hair. It's awesome. Puffy, soft awesomeness.

But.... because he needs a new helmet, the hair had to go. Boo-hooo!!!
 
We (Robyn, Amelia and I) took Sam to a fancy barber shop. He was not sure about the whole thing...

People couldn't take their eyes off of us.
 
This was pretty much how he looked for 10 minutes.

Then, it was over.
 
Can you see how they shaved his little hairline in the front? Sooo cute and funny.
 
When we got home Luker was shooting hoops and he was making my bald Sammy crack up.

I'm not going to lie, I miss his curls but... he's still really cute.
 
This is all laughing.

Such buddies.

Regarding his head, we are really thankful that our insurance company approved a second helmet.($4000.00) You can see for yourself, his head is improving but it still has a little way to go.

Can you see the difference in his forehead?

This one is my favorite. I think it shows how much straighter his little face is now.

So this morning we went and got his picture taken again. He was NOT happy.

After several tries, we got a good picture. 2 weeks from today he will start wearing helmet #2!

This past weekend was Orphan Sunday. Please consider helping in some way.




4 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

I love how much Luker loves the little ones. And I am in love with Sammy's curls!!! Next time I think Sammy should have his initials shaved into his hair :)

Robyn said...

I'm glad we could go together to get our son's hair cut. (HA!) I love those pics of Sammy and my Luker. Pure sweetness. And so glad you got to hang out with Jacob and fam.
P.S. I can see a difference too! So thankful!

feather said...

The first helmet made a difference!!! Praise God! Can't wait to see the difference after the second helmet! Sammy's is getting so big, we miss you guys!

Carrie said...

Incredible! That is amazing! Can't wait to see what you put on helmet #2!