Friday, January 25, 2013

AZ

Scott and I took off for 3 days of fun in the sun without kids. Yes, I said WITHOUT kids!! Our friends GAVE, yes GAVE us tickets to spend New Year's Eve with them in AZ (have I mentioned we have really nice friends?!). It was the first time since Amelia was born 9.5 years ago, that he and I went away together. (Unless you count Ethiopia) My mom and dad took care of our babies and we were thankful!!
We spent time playing at the park.

 Scoot and his buddy Adam.


 We also got to see Scott's dad Tom and sister and brother-in-law. It was special to spend time with Tom's new girlfriend. Sorry I didn't get a picture.

On New Year's Eve Day we spent time cooking together.

Mikele had stomach flu the night before so she missed out on the cooking:(

Quick jump picture.

Scary gun.

Jen made fancy oranges dipped in chocolate. 

We played with different setting on our camera.

This one is my favorite.
 



Our special night is about to begin!

Enjoying the sunset and the beautiful view.

Love.

Lifelong friends!
Fondue.

Me and Scoot.

The dudes.


Love.

Love.

Cool guy.

The chef.

Lancer.

The King's are notorious for making up the coolest/hardest games! This Amazing Race night was NO JOKE!  

We started with a 3D puzzle, on to finding a rock in an empty lot near their house with the letter K painted on it.  Then shooting 3 3-pointers and lastly a marshmallow game. Scott and I STINK at these games. We. Lose. Every. Time. 

These 2 suckers won by a LONG shot. 

These dudes love each other. As we sat around the dining room table laughing and sharing out hearts, we thanked God for the gift of true friendship.

Our friends are an amazing gift from God. Spending time together brings more joy that I can't really fully explain. Just really, really thankful. 

1 comment:

Mikele said...

I thought you stopped blogging! Welcome back! Now move home.