Sunday, January 27, 2013

Our Neighbors

I've been putting off this post. I guess if I blog it, that means it's really true. Our precious neighbors moved to Boston this past week. Our family is heartbroken. Seriously, I wish everyone could have neighbors as nice as the Oetjens family. From the moment we met, we just clicked. Our kids each love each other.

Hours and hours were spent together in our front yards.
I can't count the number of nights I'd get a text, "Hey Katie, just so you know, your garage door is open".
Or "Want to sneak over (after the kids go to bed) to watch some reality tv?!" 

Always so willing to hang out and laugh together. The kids could play for hours and hours without even a disagreement. 

Last year Sissy walked to their house every morning and (let herself in) then they all walked to the bus stop together. 

 Our houses were across the street from each other and the kids loved watching for the green van to pull into their driveway. Tamara told me her kids always did the same to us.
I learned so much about being a good neighbor from Tamara. Thoughtful, kind, giving and selfless are just a few of the words I'd use to describe my friend.

Their new neighborhood has no idea how lucky they are...





This past week the kids got to spend a fun night (till 11pm!!) together saying goodbye. 

 We grownups did too.
 We prayed for them as a family and asked God to give them a great new life in Boston.
 And we thanked Him for the gift of their friendship.
Then we all cried.  
Saying goodbye is hard.

2 comments:

Mikele said...

I love you & I'm sad for you.

Unknown said...

I can finally comment without crying too hard! Your family is so special to us too and we miss you guys a bunch!!!