Saturday, May 10, 2008

Maclaren

I have been wanting a Maclaren stroller for a million years. I know it's stupid because it's just a stroller but it's just so easy to push and it's so nice... anyway, I look every Saturday morning at garage sales and I have NEVER seen one. This morning I found this sweet red one in Ahwatukee and I couldn't believe it. It had sticker for $15.00 but I asked if they'd take $10.00 because it's a little dirty. The husband said sure and I skipped back to my car with my dirty dream stroller. You can buy it at Babies'R'us for $174.99
Here comes the unbelievable part... about 45 minutes after the 'find of a lifetime' I was garage saling down by Tumbleweed Park and.... I found another one!!!!! I'm not kidding. I asked the lady if it was for sale and she said $8.00 I asked if $5.00 was okay and she said YES. It feels like stroller Christmas at our house right now!!! If any of you are about to ask what I am going to do with 2 strollers the answer is, enjoy them. This one is older but never used. It's the same model but just a different fabric. It retails for about 114.99 or less.
I'm so thankful to God for these sweet finds!!! Do you think Scott will mind if I keep them in the living room?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I give you a shopping list?
Nanny

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sweet finds! My parents helped us buy our Red Macky and it's THE BEST STROLLER EVER. Luke might still be riding in it when he's 14...it's that sturdy and comfortable and wonderful. Praise the Lord!

Kers said...

I'm so proud :)

Rachel said...

Ok...where are these rummage sales you go to? I like my stroller but it's like an SUV sometimes!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Seriously, you need to have a show on HGTV about how to shop at a yard sale. I have never been to one...I would have no idea what to do. I would probably end up paying more for something...$20 for a broken set of water wings? Sure!

I am so excited you found your strolers! We LOVE our MacLaren...I hope yours treat you just as well!

Mikele said...

Living room? Probably your bedroom - they're just that good.

Carrie said...

I think we could start a combo TLC show ... you do the garage sale end and I'll do the retail end ... it would be a HIT! Want me to contact the network??