Friday, June 13, 2008

My Hometown

My poor hometown is under water. This is a picture of how downtown Cedar Rapids usually looks. That's Mays Island in the center of the Cedar River.

Cedar Rapids is really a beautiful city. Very clean and well taken care of.
Another view of Mays Island...

This is today!!!
It's so sad to see.
Please pray for the people who have lost their homes. Everyone in my family is fine. Their homes are not flooded at all. Thank God. They have said on the news it could take years for the city to recover. It's heartbreaking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so sad and surreal! :(

Kristi said...

It is heartbreaking. So sad for everyone. I've thought of you and yours and theirs through this... prayers will continue!

Kristi said...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!, sweet friend!

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

I can't believe that those pictures are of our little Cedar Rapids, IA!! We have made national news... :-( it's so sad!

Rachel said...

Shawn and I have both been wondering about your family, and we've also been praying. Those pictures are scary...they remind me a lot of New Orleans after Katrina. We'll keep praying.