Monday, June 08, 2009

American Girl

Amelia had dreamed of this day forever! Nanny and Papa left the house at 3:45 in the morning to get here in time to catch the train.
Here they are downtown Wheaton.
Papa spent the day with Junedog.
The train station.
The train.
A taxi.
Downtown.
Our little Mini.
THERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!
Finally Kit is in her arms.
Don't they look alike?
Nanny made Amelia the happiest 6 year old girl ever.
Waiting for our fancy lunch.
Kit had her own seat.
Amelia holding Kit's necklace.


Welcome to the family.
It was the most special day, start to finish. Thanks for everything Nanny, we love you.

9 comments:

Blog Stalker said...

Everything looked dreamy. I am glad Mini got a MiniMini. They do look alike.

Maggie said...

What a fun day! Such a lucky girl to have such a great Nanny.

Kers said...

Ditto to Karoline. Am I to old to get a mini-me and fancy lunch?

Carrie said...

What fun! Maybe the Samantha I got when I was little can come visit Kit? I'm feeling a bit cheated though ... there was no AG restaurant when I got my doll. She just arrived in the mail! Nanny ... you're the BEST!

Kristin said...

Looks like a fun day. I am in the same boat as Carrie - when I got Molly it was all catalog shopping.

Mikele said...

I am so out of touch with this American Girl thing. Amelia, you looked precious in that dress and I'm very glad you had a special birthday.

ashlee said...

I bet Amelia will remember this day forever she looks like she couldn't be happier! My mom used to make my Samantha doll and I matching outfits for sleepovers, pajamas included haha.

Jasmyn said...

What fun! I can't wait to have mother daughter outings, and girly time:)

Dana said...

Will Nanny take me?? I love this!