Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Last 2 Days

I know it's a little grubby but Amelia wanted to go to ChuckECheese for her birthday and we had the best time. Amelia got the ball in the very top hole more than once. What skill.


Singing...


Macker had a blast!

Sissy beat Scott!

Scotty was too busy for a picture.

The little boys and I got to go on Amelia's field trip. We took the train and then walked to a really pretty park in Geneva. This was my group. (Just so you know, the blond girl is really, super tall- Amelia did not shrink)

The little girls in her class are so nice.


They were pretty excited to ride the train,




Nothing says fun like a rousing rendition of the 12 months of the year.

The beautiful park right along a river.

Awesome tree.

Another great tree.

The bridge.

I ran to Costco last night and when I got home THIS was in our driveway! Where on earth did this come from? I called Scott about 20 times, till he left his meeting to call me back. It turns out this wonderful man from our church, who owns a tree and landscape business, thought we could use some help on our yard. He said he would be over in the morning to spread it.

I'm not going to lie, I was pretty worried about what the heck this guy was thinking with ALL these wood chips.

I was totally wrong.
At 6:45 this morning 3 giant trucks rolled up and men hopped out and began to work on our yard. It was like a dream come true. The work they did took them about 2 1/2 hours and it would have taken us about 2 months. I am not kidding. They chopped trees, planted, edged.... everything.

Our yard looks about a million times better and I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. We asked him how we could ever repay him for all he had done and he just asked us to pray that God would continue to bless his business. Will you guys pray that too?
I am shocked by their kindness.

The wood chips are now gone.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

How totally cool.

Mikele said...

Thank goodness it wasn't just a random prank. Those crazy Wheaton kids. The pile was absolutely bigger than I imagined....

Carrie said...

The yard looks great. For a minute, I thought Scott was paying you back for all the crafting projects with a big pile of wood chips!
What a great treat!

Maggie said...

1. Looks like a fun field trip and as a kid that moved lots of times growing up it makes my heart happy to see that Amelia seems to fit so seamlessly into her new school group.
2. Please send the woodchip/yard work fairies to my house.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Oh, to be a passenger on that train...

Love the yard. What a blessing. I am so thankful for you guys!

Dana said...

You have the best church family! Oh, and the "really, super tall" girl - story of my childhood.

Rachel said...

What a blessing about the yard!

And I'm with Dana - I was going to say - that 'really tall blonde girl' - was me in elementary school.