Saturday, November 07, 2009

Apple Picking

The kids and I had a great day enjoying 70 (yes, I said 70) degree weather. I found an Apple Picking Farm in northern IL near Wisconsin. We drove about 2 hours and it was totally worth it.
The kids loved the animals and running around like crazy.
Sissy drove a train.

We actually never picked any apples. Here's the story, when we arrived an overly friendly man welcomed us and started talking to the kids. He asked them what kind of apples they liked. Junie said, "HoneyCRAPs are my favorite." The nice man told Junie he was really sorry but all the Honeycraps had been picked.
Sissy and I laughed our heads off.
We decided $14.00 was too much for apples we wouldn't eat.

5 comments:

Kers said...

Tell June HoneyCraps are our favorites too :)

Carrie said...

Just a bit longer than a two hour trek... you could have been here ... hugging Nie Nie. My neighbor came over last night and said "Did you talk to her? Did you hug her?" Um ... no ... I wasn't even cool enough to take a picture! Move back. I need braver friends in town!

mini and brother said...

CB- Your phone call made me feel like a celeb. I feel like NieNie is a friend, don't you?

Robyn said...

Mmmm. Honeycraps.
Wasn't the weather incredible??? It's all down hill from here...

Mikele said...

I love Junie's swearmouth.