Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Our Junie

Junie has been extra funny lately.

#1. Yesterday we got out all those dress up clothes and he saw them and said, "Holy CRAP that's a lot of stuff." I was a little shocked told him we don't say holy crap. He said (totally serious)
"I didn't say that I said HOLY CAT." Yeah right?!

#2. The Trader Joe's near us has a little game they play with the kids while the parents are shopping. Each day they hide a little purple monkey somewhere in the store and if the kids see it they can tell the check out person and receive a sucker. Scotty and I had been shopping for about 10 minutes when out of nowhere he said to me with a totally serious face, "Where's that da*n monkey?" I tried not to laugh because I was feeling the same way...

#3. Lately Scotty's been complaining that his tummy hurts. Something being wrong with his tummy is one of my worst fears. I think he knows that because he says it quite a bit. When I ask him what if feel like he always has a different answer based on what's going on. Example.
"My tummy hurts..."
me-"what's it feel like?"
"It feels like I need to cuddle in your bed"
or "If feels like I need a juice box"
or "It feels like I need to play Go Fish"
or "It feels like you need to take me to RedBox"
Or my personal favorite...
"It's telling me you need to take me to a garage sale". Mine's telling my the same thing.


In a couple weeks he's going to be 4 years old and I am sooo thankful that he's in our life. He is a precious gift to us.

Psalm 126:3The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

9 comments:

Mikele said...

I love how two of his funnies involve swears.

All of a sudden my tummy hurts and I think it's because I need a snickers and quiet place to watch tv.

That hospital picture!!!!!

Carrie said...

Seriously. What kind of language are you all using in Chicagoland :)

And my tummy is telling me ... I need some nachos.

And a trip to see NieNie on Saturday! She's HERE!!!!

mini and brother said...

So jealous! I want to meet her too.

Kers said...

That pic gives me goosebumps and instant tears. What a precious little bugger! And who is NieNie?

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Love Junieisms! He is so funny. Must have a future in the Navy...cause he's already cursing like a sailor.

Carrie said...

nieniedialogues.blogspot.com
KT ... you got to get your sis in the loop :)

Stephanie said...

oh my word! i laughed out loud about the trader joe incident! hilarious!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tara said...

So, what does he say when it really does hurt? That's really funny...you should write more often, you've got some great material there!