Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Iraqi Tea

I had the opportunity to host a tea for some Iraqi women last night. They are actually refugees from Iraqi and have only been in this country for a couple weeks or months. I have to be honest and tell you all that I was really nervous because I've never really socialized with anyone that is Muslim. I know it sounds crazy, but I was a little scared. I WAS TOTALLY WRONG. These women were loving and kind and open to friendship. They knew that we are Christians and they were happy to get to know us. I am so thankful for the chance to get to know them. We're going to do it again. I wish some of you AZ friends were here to be a part of the fun. Makes me miss you guys.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh i wish i could have been there! you have to do it again!

Kers said...

Just one of the many reasons that God has you there I'm certain. What a group of beautiful ladies!

tara said...

Awesome opportunity, Katie! That little boy peeking looks pretty cute.

Robyn said...

What Kers said :)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I wish I was there!! What fun! I am so glad they have you as a friend.

Carrie said...

What a fun evening ... I'm sure you were a beautiful hostess :)

Mikele said...

I'm sure they're still talking about your lemon bars.