Monday, December 07, 2009

Christmas Tree Lighting

I read in our local paper that our little towns annual tree lighting was going on Saturday night. As you all know, I love civic activities.
We arrived late and I was really worried that we wouldn't have a place to park. NOT A PROBLEM. Santa was so happy to see us he almost tackled us. (The santa's name was Mac. fyi) He just kept talking and talking to us. Do you see Scott's face? haha
With about a 2 minutes left before the tree lighting I was looking around and I am not kidding when I say there were less than 20 people there.
In a loud voice Santa directed us all to follow him and gather round the tree...
People must have been waiting inside because all of the sudden there were about another 20 random people. Anyway, we were seriously there only about 20 minutes.
They did invite us to join them at John's Tavern for some cookies and adult hot chocolate. Strange.
Instead we come home and made cookies.
What's with that dirty kitchen?

5 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

The way you whip out sugar cookies...makes me love you a little more. The last time I made sugar cookies...let's see....a couple of years ago...and I may have called my neighbor at the time and cried because I couldn't figure out the frosting. She is Indian...and had no idea what I was talking about....or why I would cry over frosting.
I have hormone issues people.

Mikele said...

I'm crying. And eating stupid store bought cookies.

Robyn said...

Mmmmm. Yum. And That tree lighting was no Glendale Glitters, yeah-yeah.

Carrie said...

I'm just going to start calling you Martha. Those cookies are fabulous! Can I request a box to arrive at my house?

Rachel said...

Those cookies! Katie! Wow. And the tree lighting is so cute. Everyone could use a little 'adult' hot chocolate now and then, right? Especially the kids...at least that's how they did it in the Midwest when I was growing up...