Monday, September 27, 2010

Karen

Many of you know that Scott and I made an unexpected trip to AZ (this past weekend) to see Scott's mom Karen. She has been battling stage 4 colon cancer for over 2 years. A nice family from church gave Scott a ticket and my friend found me a sweet deal on a Buddie Pass. We are thankful for the way God provided for us to spend 3.5 days with Karen. My family and friends took care of the kids and they didn't even miss us. Before we left I had the kids make little videos to say hi to Grandma. I thought they were cute enough to share. Please join us in praying for Karen and her loving husband of 42 years, Tom.
Amelia.


Scott.



Macker

We had a really special time with Scott's sister and brother-in-law. We reminisced, laughed our heads off and cried all at the same time.
PS- We hate cancer.

9 comments:

Maggie said...

1. I hate cancer too and I am sorry that your family is going through this. We will be praying for Karen.
2. Your kids are so cute. I especially love Macker's bottom lip when singing He's Got the Whole World in His Hands.
3. Molly's car seat still smells like puke.

Astraea said...

Beautiful. We are praying for you guys.

Kim F said...

oh my. your kiddos are too sweet.

Carrie said...

Praying for all of you. I'm sure that last picture will be a treasured memory ... and the singing ... is fabulous.

(The kids can come join our rock band anytime ... they are a MUCH needed addition!!!)

Kers said...

Gorgeous picture of Scott's family and ever so thankful that you had that time this past week.

Amelia - could her verse have been more perfect for the circumstances?

Junie - Gotta love Jolly Phonics!

Macker - wondered how he was going to get the WholeWorld song wrapped up :)
Love you all! Kers

Robyn said...

Praying for Karen & Tom, Lori & Scott, and for you guys. Cancer is horrible. Thanks for letting us have Amelia for the weekend :)

feather said...

We will be praying for everyone. We love you!

The last picture is very special and makes me teary.

Mikele said...

We're praying for Karen, Tom, and the rest of your family. I echo Jen's comment.

Oh, Macker... you are sooo funny.

Scott Murray said...

Thanks for all of your encouragement. Please pray for peace for my mom and dad...