Friday, September 10, 2010

The Weekend

Our weekend started off with Sissy doing my job before bed. The boys love to listen to her read. Thursday morning Scotty and I drove to Iowa to meet my sisters at the Children's Museum. We had a great time and I'm not sure why I have NO pictures. Anyway, after Chick-fil-a my Macker hopped into my sister's car and took off for a fun filled weekend at Nanny and Papa's house. My sister lives 12 doors down from my mom and dad...
This picture was on the way to Iowa. Love them.
Scott and I took the teenagers on a dreamy mini vacation. No, not to California even though it kind of looks like it.... That's actually LAKE MICHIGAN.
A really nice family from our church invited us to spend the weekend with them at their lake house. Along with one other family, there was a total of 11 children.

It was beautiful.
The kids loved every second.

It was freezing and sooo windy but we loved it.
He's mine.
Scotty got soaked and lost a shoe.

Even though it was cold the pool washeated and the kids loved swimming.
Scott led the kids with his guitar.
We came home late Saturday night so that we could be at church Sunday morning. When we got home from church these crazies came over and we had a blast.
The adults had fun too.
They left early Monday morning and so did Scott. He drove to Iowa to meet my dad and bring home our little Macker. We missed him way more than he missed us...
Our missionary friends (from France) came over for dinner and to enjoy a perfect evening. (no bugs and no humidity) They are the friends that I know from my old days in Africa with Mercy Ships. They stayed with us for 2 weeks in August so the kids were happy to see them again.
Ok, that was our holiday weekend. We're thankful for all the friends and fun.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Lake Michigan. That house. That yellow striped sofa. That looks awesome. That and that glass of wine your friends are sipping. Is it too early to sip wine at 10am? I'm thinking that might make my morning go way better.

Astraea said...

Is that a picture of Junie without his shoulder belt on?!?!?!?!?!! You're killing me Katie...you had to know that I'd notice. ;)

Mikele said...

Busted.

That house looks so dreamy and sunshiney on the inside!

I wish I was cold and windy right now.

mini and brother said...

SHOOOOOT!! I seriously didn't see that! Astraea!! Forgive me. Thanks for always being the safety officer.
I am in love with your new pool!! Congrats!

Jasmyn said...

Another Dreamy Murray vacation. I love it....it looks like straight out of a movie with the lakehouse and the beautiful beach right there! How fun :)

Astraea said...

When you come visit, you'll have to come swimming!!! :) As long as your children come over safely secured in their seats...ha ha ha!!

Robyn said...

So glad we could come visit :) Love you guys!

グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう