Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Blizzard 2011

The blizzard began about 3:00pm on Tuesday. I had just gotten home from picking Sissy up from school (early) and the wind began to really blow. By that evening it was pretty amazing. Scott saw a couple neighbors snow blowing so he joined in. Before Macker went to bed the snow was already really deep.

Our electricity had been flickering all evening but at around 9 it was gone. Thank God, the kids stayed asleep all night. This morning the house was 49 degrees and I don't know if you can tell but the snow was almost covering the entire window. The lights turned on at 7:00am and we all broke into a happy dance singing 'This is the day, this is the day.....
After breakfast it was time to get to work.


Theses pictures don't begin to do it justice. Unreal!


Our freezing snowman.

The back door.


Scotty made a slide.
Here's June enjoying our patio furniture.

The snow is so deep they just walked right over the back fence.
Is it spring yet?

Scooter worked so hard making a path for our car.

The rest of the day we'll spend enjoying movies and rest in our WARM and cozy house.

8 comments:

Mikele said...

Time to come home. Good grief! The snow in your kitchen windows is outrageous. I cannot even believe that you were outside. So glad you're power came back on before you turned into popscicles.

Mikele said...

MMMMmmmmm.... a MacScicle.....

Robyn said...

Oh, the joys of Midwestern living. This storm was no joke! Wouldn't you gladly take a good old fashioned AZ dust storm over this any day?! I think you guys got hit harder than us...sorry about your power...brrrrr!!!!!

feather said...

Those pictures are unreal! I can't wait for you to have those painted as a mural in your AZ home!

Time for lots of hot chocolate and movies...

Kim F said...

that is crazy! i remember loving snow like that as a kid - but definitely not now.

Jasmyn said...

The high here was in the 40's today and I could not stay warm. I guess I wouldn't last long in the Midwest....

Carrie said...

Holy cow! And to think we're freezing here too! And that is why I need a winter and summer home!

Rachel said...

I cannot imagine dealing with all of that. I don't know how I did it when I lived in Wisconsin, honestly! BRRRRR!!