Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Timeout

Macker has been pretty spicy the last couple weeks. (read: naughtiest boy ever!)We've tried everything but today I think we might have found something that works. If he is snotty, mean, nasty, crabby etc. he has to sit in a timeout. Thus far it has done nothing he just screams and yells, gets quiet for one second then lets himself get up. (not our best parenting)

Today we made the rule that the timeout doesn't start until he is silent.(I realize this in not a new concept) When he was silent then I would set the timer on the stove. Can you tell he was not a big fan at first? He would just scream,"I. SAID. I'M. DUST. SO. SORRRRRY!!!"

After his 3rd long fit in the timeout chair he abruptly stopped yelling and said in a total man voice.
"Start the timer."
Two minutes later the timer buzzed he said sorry and I let him down. My guess is he will never be naughty again the rest of his life ;)
I asked him to show me his happy face.
I'm crazy about my Macker, spice and all.

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Good job fixing his broken obeyer. I love Macker's happy face! Will you please come fix Luke now? Thanks.

feather said...

Macker is so big! Good thing he doesn't have a happy face when he's spicy, because then it would be hard to put such a cute face in time out! That may be my issue with Ax Man...

Carrie said...

My kids never have tantrums. And they sure don't have them walking out of Awana ... in the middle of the parking lot ... in front of people who may or may not have already commented on this post. But maybe .. just in case ... I should put a timer in my car ... for next week?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that sweet lil' face would ever deserve a timeout!!! And I do believe he might come by his "spicyness" naturally!!!! LOL Hope all is well....keep up the good job.

Mikele said...

That face! Send him to me and I'll stack stuff on him. Kel is awesome!!!

Annabelle said...

Thanks for the parenting tips. Does Macker ever smack you in the face? Just curious what you would do if you found yourself in that situation. I can't imagine what child would do that to their parents.