Thursday, February 02, 2012

See Ya, Helmet!

I'm sure you've all been dying to know what's going on with Sammer's head. He's had a helmet on every single day since last July and finally this past Saturday we took it off. OFF! For the last 2 weeks, it has started to shift during the day. I would readjust it but it would go right back to the incorrect position. The position was putting pressure on the soft cartilage on the top part of his ear. It looked irritated and I could tell it was bugging him (it was off after several naps).  I even took him back into the "Helmet Doctor" for their opinion. They agreed that it was bugging his ear.  They told me that if it continued to move, it would be best to quit the helmet.

So Saturday I noticed the top of his ear was red and looking really sore, that was it!
So, now he's done!!! He's happy and we're all happy to see his cute curls. I'm thankful for Cranial Technologies and our health insurance. I'm thankful to live in a country where we have amazing medical care at our fingertips. I don't take it for granted. The shape of his head is much better. Not perfect, but much better.

BUSTED!

I think this is his guilty face.
All I said was, "Sammy, point to Ethiopia."  He's so smart.
 
The only time I miss the helmet is when Juner carries him around the house.

Seriously, could he get any cuter?
He's getting fast too.
We love him!

4 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

Look at all that hair! What a cutie! Yay for being helmet free :)

Leanne said...

He is so cute I cant even stand it!

Mikele said...

I'm so glad that part is over! What a difference all of your hard work made though.

What about a mr. T Mohawk?

Robyn said...

He's adorable.

Will you miss the wintergreen rubbing alcohal?