Monday, December 22, 2008

Museum Day!

We got up early and went straight to the swimming pool at the hotel. It was on the 9th floor and really fun to look out the windows and look at tall building. Lance (the tour guide) had the rest of the day figured out for us. Here we are waiting for the city bus.

Scott and Mac on the bus.


Sissy and O- no car seats...
Almost to the Museum of Science and Industry. It was awesome and I remember going there as a kid with my family.

They had a huge farm exhibit. Hanker would love it!

Riding a cow?

Two studs and a cow.
I have no idea how to spell combine. I couldn't help but think of Hank here too.
Sissy and Mac.
Beautiful tree. The whole gang.







Luker and Owen!
Scott and Robyn.

In a submarine.

At the control center.
Touching a real Navy plane.
In the coal mine.

Mac loves Robyn.
Scott and his twin.
Steering a ship.
Check out this exhibit, my favorite.
Dance party time. Can you tell the adults were getting a little tired?

These little sweethearts waiting for the bus.

Poor Mac was so tired. He slept all the way back to Wheaton. We took the bus to the hotel to get our bags, then a taxi to the train station then a train back to Wheaton then a walk back to our house. It was really a special weekend!
*** I almost forgot about this one... Junie decided to crawl under the seat on the train and poop. The only reason we all knew this was because the smell was so overpowering that our entire traincar stunk. Seriously, people all around us were looking around for the stink smell.
There's Junie, poor little guys didn't mean to cause a seene. Don't we all know he's been through alot.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kers said...

What a great day! I remember that museum from the 80s too. Did we go there more than once or it just stuck in our brains that much? Do they still have that baby exhibit? Hey - FYI Beth from Coe is the Director of Education at the Natural History Museum and maybe she could hook you up to see the dinosaurs?

Carrie said...

That's hilarious! Love his eye peeking out from behind the bench!

You look like you're having TONS of fun! All snuggled up in your warm gear!

There was a 2 hour line for Uggs at LC on Tuesday. TWO HOURS! If I didn't have to get home for dinner ... I so would have gotten you a pair!!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh I'm laughing so hard imagining people looking around the train for the smell...hilarious!!

I remember going to that museum, too...I can only imgaine the fun the kids had there. Great pics.

Mikele said...

Awesome recap. Poor June. I wonder if he'll hide behind the bleachers in high school and do it.

What a fun museum - my favorite was the dancing kiddos and that beautiful tree!

Miss you all.

Melanie Cain said...

I agree with Jen. Seeing these pictures just remind me how much I miss your FUN family!

Melanie Cain said...

Love the Zoolander picture of Lance and Scott.

Jasmyn said...

How do you guys always have sooooo much fun, even with a stinky boy? I love it. I am living vicariously through you.
Merry Christmas, we miss you! Coming back to AZ for a visit any time soon??