Thursday, December 04, 2008

Special Night

I have the nicest husband. I was complaining to him today about being cold feeling like the kids are bored in the house. He told me to shape up. Then he called a couple hours later and told me he was taking us all on a "family date" tonight. He wouldn't give us any clues. We drove through rush hour traffic to the happiest place on earth... at least in DuPage County.
DuPage Children's Museum. He told us he got us a family membership for one year. I cried happy tears.

It's HUGE! Here's a sound room.
Sissy making the biggest bubble in the world.
Creating these awesome water things... Scott got soaked.


Sissy making a cool water thing.
WINDTUNNEL.
This was going to be the sweetest picture.
Sorry, honey.
Posted by Picasa


That's better.
Wind tunnel wall.
What the heck happened to my cute baby?
Wood working room.
We found some fun stuff for Mac too.
Poor Sissy, she couldn't make it go down...
This was a fun exhibit, why do you think people were looking at us funny?
Sweethearts.
Posted by Picasa

This is our street. We live 3 blocks ahead on the left.
It is beautiful and I am thankful. Thanks so much Scoot, you made my night. Love you!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Kristi said...

You get to live in a postcard for Christmas! Pretty!!

I double dog dare you to frame the pukey one and put it in your hall. DOUBLE DOG DARE.

Nicely done, Scott.

mini and brother said...

Seriously, 4:35am. Even I was still sleeping.
Scott and I just laughed together thinking about framing it. I think we're gonna do it.
Miss you.

Carrie said...

Got to love a little extra spit up on a Christmas card. I like that he posed for a 2nd picture! And YEAH for a fantastic Children's museum. We need one of those here for when it's 110 outside and you are walking the streets at a cool 80!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

The museum looks so fun! Your street is amazing. It's dreamy like a scene in a movie.
Don't worry...wait until July when we are all melting and cursing as we get into our cars...you'll feel so much better. :-)

Jasmyn said...

It looks so beautiful...of course I was freezing this morning when it was 50 degrees, so I don't think I would handle it so well.

So glad you found that museum! I suspect we will see many more pics there...atleast until you can start the car without defrosting the windows!! :)
miss you guys

Mikele said...

I love the lighted street and the puke and Amelia in her sweet coat and that Scott is so nice and we still haven't seen a picture of your hair!

feather said...

The picture of your street is BEAUTIFUl... where's the candy store? And the museum looks like tons of fun, what a thoughtful hubby you have!

Also, where's the headband?

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

I swear you have the sweetest hubby EVER!! What a great idea! I do miss the snow a little tiny bit. We did see some at Tempe Market place the other night...it was coming from snow machines, but it was still snow!! LOL
Have a super blessed christmas!!

Dana said...

Your street is the cutest! What a fun family date night!

I can't believe that no one has made a comment about "Scoot". C'mon, Mikele, you are getting rusty!