Sunday, February 15, 2009

Iowa Weekend

The boys and I went to Iowa this past weekend to see my family. Amelia and Scott stayed home in Chicago to have a "date" weekend. Trust me, they had the best time. American Girl Store, Valentine's party at school and Joseph and the Amazing Dream Coat play....

My dad drives a bus for a retirement community. Scotty loved it!





















Macky got to take a long bath all by himself.


The reason for my trip was to see my dad be inducted into the Washington Hall of Fame. (My old high school) Junie loved cousin Hank.


There's Papa Gary waving!



















Aunt Karoline and little Lucia Louise.


Sisters and I +Haddie.
My Juniedog and I.
Who's this naughty boy writing on the table cloth?

Oh, it's my Junie and we all know he's been thought a lot! No need to get upset with him.

The whole group.

I got Junie new wrestling men at a second hand store and he loves them.


They attached a cat.


He has names for all of them. This is Daddy. Duh, you already knew that, right?


My dad got pretty into it too.




















We had a great weekend. Thanks guys!

And on a totally different note, we bought this house. We signed the papers Friday and we're really thankful to have found a nice house for our family. It even has a basement and it's about a 3 minute drive to church. Thank you God!

11 comments:

Mikele said...

Congrats, Doi!

I love the house and I am so excited for you guys.

Kristi said...

I had all these comments and then got totally derailed by the HOUSE!!! Yipppeeeee!!! I can't wait to see it with full trees and green grass!

Robyn said...

I love that you are so near your family and I love the new house too! Thank you Lord.

Jasmyn said...

What a fun weekend and what a beautiful house! I love brick houses like they have in the midwest. Congrats to you guys...when will you get to move in??

Astraea said...

Yeah!!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures.

feather said...

Congrats, Congrats, Congrats! I am so glad you are so close to family to share these special memories. I can't wait to see the new Murray pad!

Carrie said...

That is my dream house. Big tree in the front. Cute bay window ... YUMMY! Can I come visit????

Kers said...

Fenced in back yard, mud room, beautiful deck and the bay window too - all my favorites! Can't wait to see it in person.

Rachel said...

Ah the house!!!! I love it. Adorable and I'm so happy for you all!

That bus is wicked. I love the wrestlers and the pic of Junie's face in the drawing on the tablecloth pic...hilarious.

Melanie Cain said...

Wow Scott is looking pretty fit in those animal print undies. I have torn feelings about the house. I am happy for you but sad for me. The house makes it official that you are staying!

Dana said...

I had so many comments, but I will just ditto Jen and save time for another blog. :)