Tuesday, February 17, 2009

President's Day

The kids and I took advantage of the free admission and had a really great day at the Shedd Aquaruim. So did about 1,000,000 other people but it was still really fun.
We took the train, a bus and then we walked the rest. Here they are outside the train station waiting for the bus.
Walking... walking... walking... it was a beautiful day.
There's Chicago. See that black building on the far right, I think that's Oprah's building. Right, Robyn?
Fish.
Macker having fun! See Sissy and June?
Anyone see the Iguana, if you can't it's okay, Junie couldn't either...
Sissy and fish.
Scary shark.
Really scary.
My sweethearts.
My sweethearts on a fake turtle.
Time to find the bus stop.
That's the aquarium in the background and Lake Michigan.

6 comments:

Kers said...

What I Super Mom! We had a down day at home on President's Day and now I feel like a slacker :)

Anonymous said...

Why does Oprah's building have to be black? You are so racist.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think a trip to the grocery store is a bit intimidating with only two. How cool are you? Very.

Robyn said...

I'm proud of you and this is EXACTLY what I pictured you doing once you were settled in. Yep, Chicago legend is that Oprah has an entire floor or two at the top of that building, looking right out over Navy Pier.
Lance and I never made it into Shedd Aquarium...we did drive out past it to the Planetarium to sit in his car and look at the city lights at night though. A lot. You know, just to talk... ;)
Good job, supermom. I promise once we're in Iowa we'll come and do more fun Chicago things with you!

Mikele said...

"My sweethearts on a fake turtle" and IS MAC STANDING UP!! Stop him.

Jasmyn said...

You are one amazing mom. Taking Chicago by the horns by yourself with THREE kids. I only can aspire to be that cool once we have three! Glad you guys had a good time:)