Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday, MLK

Juner woke up asking when it was time to make our birthday cake.
I realized that we didn't have any cake mix so before 8am Scoot and the 3 boys were at Ultra Foods. (My Scoot is a total catch.)
They took turns stirring.
Poor Sammer wanted in on the action, but he was too little.
 
So he just banged on the wall.
While the cake baked we bundled up and made a quick snowman.  Hey, sorry about your foot Sam.
Big Scoot came home for lunch, just in time to see The Gentlemen frost their cakes.
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
Martin Luther King Jr

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Another friend makes a birthday cake for MLK - it's the first I'd heard of it! I love the idea and think we'll do it next year. :)

mini and brother said...

My little Scotty came home from school with the idea. I thought it was a little strange at first, but I'm glad we did it.

Katie and Bret said...

Ooooo I love a good shopping trip in jammers!

Mikele said...

I can't wait to see what you guys do for arbor day

Robyn said...

Fun way to recognize MLK day! Sure wish Muscatine cared...my kids had school! :( thumbs down