Thursday, April 26, 2012

Awana Awards

The kids had a great night celebrating all the verses they've learned over the past year.
 Sissy and I couldn't find her stinkin' green shirt. (parent fail)
 AIR HUGS!!!
 My sweet Juner.
 So proud of his green ribbon.
 Macker sat like an angel on Mrs. Hogan's lap. (Thank you!!)

The coolest part of the night was meeting this beautiful women. She is the grandmother of Amelia's friend Hannah. She is here visiting from Ethiopia for a couple of months. Last year when I was in Ethiopia I got to meet her daughter and deliver some gifts.  Last night she showed Sammer so much love and she kept kissing him and speaking in Amharic to him. It made me miss Ethiopia and all the wonderful people. Hannah's mom promised to come over to our house and have coffee in the next couple of weeks. I really hope she does.
 

3 comments:

Mikele said...

Make her some yummy scones too!

Did June get any punch???

Amy Hogan said...

what is that face I'm making? YIKES! And.. I love that you got to meet her! That is super special!

Robyn said...

She's beautiful...so special! Proud of all those sweethearts up on stage :) Nice to see Mrs. Hogan on your blog...hi Amy!