Sunday, April 08, 2012

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend started Thursday after Scott got off work. We loaded the van and raced off to Cedar Rapids. To say our kids like Nanny and Papa's house would be the world's biggest understatement.
 We went for walks and the weather was really nice.

Macker claimed the bike seat with Papa and he was the happiest person ever.
Best friends! 

My poor (nearly 70 year old) dad rode Macker's chunky buns all over town.
 Amelia jumped on to the handle bars, just like I did as a kid.
 This is a picture of our whole family during the egg hunt. A nice lady was walking by and we asked her to take our picture. It's not perfect but we're thankful.
 Macker loved the hunt.

These 3 big kids were serious hunters.
 Time for the bunny hop race.
 
Competitive Uncle Lee raced Sissy and LOST.
 Brunch.
 Wagon rides.
 Matching girl cousins.
 After the Good Friday service at my parent's church we stopped for ice cream.
 The kids cried at we left Iowa. It's never easy for them to say goodbye, but we had to get home to get ready for Easter at our house. Here are my matching sweeties.

SAM. IS. SMILING. Hooooooooray!

Could he be any sweeter?

Our family at church.
After church our friends James and Sabrina came over to celebrate Easter with us.
 They don't have kids yet but they were awesome with ours. Sabrina said her arms hurt from lifting little Macker. (Yes, he doesn't have pants on, what's new?)

James was so sweet to Sam.
 I feel sorry for my big kids, James kicked their buns in backyard soccer.
 He didn't go easy on them one bit.
 He nearly took out poor Junie.
 Macker and Sabrina made scary faces. ( Sabrina is a blog stalker of mine, sorry about this picture, I just couldn't resist)

We love them and the day went by way too quickly. Macker even told James that he was the "best visitor we've ever had!" That's a big deal coming from Spice Cake Macker.
 We are thankful for the gift of Jesus.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the matching outfits ... and your trip to IOWA makes me jealous. I'd cry too if I had to leave all that fun!

Katie and Bret said...

What a FUN Easter! I love pantless Macker and Sammer's sweet shoes!

Mikele said...

Love every part. We so need to add a bunny sack race to our day!

Leanne said...

I love the ice cream pictures? Talk about excitement

Robyn said...

What a wonderful Easter! Amelia on the handle bars made me a little nervous. ;) Glad you had such a great time in Iowa, and thankful Sabrina and James could spend Easter Sunday with you! Great family pics of you guys!

Annabelle said...

I think I might recognize that house that Gary & Mac are riding by on Linden Dr...