Monday, April 23, 2012

Buddies

Today The Gentlemen and I took a little road trip to Sterling, IL.  It's a small town about an hour and a half west of us. It was the perfect 1/2 way point between our house and the Mowen's in Galesburg. I'm sure you all remember our friends from Ethiopia. Jacob (in red) and Sammer were both adopted last spring. This past winter Tara and her family spent 3+ months back in Ethiopia to bring home their 2 newest sons, Caleb (in navy) and Isaiah age 11. He couldn't skip school:(   
Nothing like some wood chip throwing.
Are they not the cutest little dudes?
  Scotty skipped school and we played at a couple different parks.
This is the best picture I got of the guys all together.
 My kids had never played on one of these....
 Or this crazy spinning swing.
 These 2 look so much alike.
 HI FIVE!
 
It was such a special day, one that Tara and I dreamed of as we held our babies at the transition home in Ethiopia. We will definitely be doing this again.

4 comments:

Mikele said...

What a precious day for all of you! Such a bunch of dudes. I think that swing thing looks fun...

Brad and Tara said...

It was soooo good to see you!!! We need to do it again soon!
P.S. You are such a better blogger than me, it will be a few days before I get my pictures uploaded and then a few more days to blog about it :)

Debb said...

Such precious pictures! And how SWEET that you live close enough to get together with the Mowen boys! I am jealous (in a good way)! All the boys are so adorable and looks like they have a ton of fun together! Blessings to you and yours!

Robyn said...

Wonderful! Love this.