Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Day 13 &14

Hi Friends, I found my camera. Actually Scott found it, and you were right Mrs. Spice it was in my baby bag. I'm really tired.
Sissy's new closet.
All the stuff from the townhouse, dumped on the floor.
More stuff to put away.
PERFECT!! Amelia loves organization so you can imagine how happy she is right now.
Dumpster, I sure hope they aren't mad when they pick up the dumpster. It says no over filling. Shoooot.
What color should that front door be painted? I was thinking black like the shutters? CB-what do you think?
I went to the new house at 6:00 again this morning to get more done and Scott brought the kids over after he dropped off Sissy on his way to work. He called to tell me that Junie looked like some sort of 80's rocker. He thought his jeans were too small. I couldn't imagine what jeans he was talking about because I only left a couple things at the townhouse. When I say my Juniedog I just about died. Really?! What in the world?!
Those are my Macker's jeans, size 18months!!! I laughed my head off then I changed him.
Goodbye old counter tops and sink.
Fun in the pack'n'play. Will Junie ever be potty trained?!
Bathroom upstairs.
The floors!!
A closer look.
Amelia had dance class today and she got to be in the stage to practice for her performance next week!
Don putting in the sink.
New counter tops.

New sink, just like my friend Jen!!
Awana awards night. Sissy finished her book, the review book and the 2nd workbook. I was amazed at all the memorizing then I realized that about 85% of the Sparks did all that too. We totally live in the Bible belt.
Hooray for Sissy, June needed to be in the picture too...
Found this on Craigslist for $100.00 and I drove to check it out today. It's nice but I'm not sure how Scott and I are going to lift it all by ourselves. Wish we had friends... hahah

My sister Kerstin is on her way to Chicago to help get the kitchen DONE tomorrow then she's taking the teenagers back to Nanny and Papa's house for the weekend. I'm so excited and thankful.

16 comments:

Carrie said...

Seriously ... the pictures above the hooks ... FABULOUS! Love the color blue. PERFECT! What color towels?

I'm always a fan of black shutters and a nice red door. I have a thing for red doors. We're getting a screen door next week. Guess what color it's going to be? RED :) Just not crazy fire engine red. You don't want it to glow :)

Can you come work on my closet?? It needs some help.

Good luck with the kitchen :)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Hi Extreme Home Makeover...Wheaton Edition...

I can't stop laughing at Junie in Macker's jeans.

Love the counters...really love your kitchen.

I wish I was there so I could help..haha...watch others help...get that play equipment to your house! I want you to have it so bad! I can't believe the steal at $100!

Um, I hope you get some rest this weekend. You deserve it!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

ooooh. I was going to say RED door too! I just wanted to see what Carrie said to make sure I wasn't off my rocker.

Kers said...

Hi Katie's friends - I'm here. I will give personal testimony tomorrow!

Jasmyn said...

I think that it is unanimous that you need a red door. I have always wanted a red door, do it for me:)

Those jeans on Junie are hilarious! I cannot believe Scott even got them buttoned! 18 months - 4T...I see how he got confused!

I love and am so jealous of your new countertops, that kitchen is smokin' hot now, just like you:)

Please get that swing set for the mere fact that it is only $100. And if you decide not to do you think they would deliver it to AZ for a little extra??

Get some sleep, and then maybe a good Starbuck's fix.

Astraea said...

I was going to say RED!

Blog Stalker said...

I have black shutter and a red door and I love it!

By the way...when are you going to come makeover my house? Everything looks fantastic.

Blog Stalker said...

By the way (again) your friends are dorks. It was like they were waiting for you to post. All 7 comments were made within 2 hours of when you posted.

Dana said...

I was totally going to say RED for the door also. I love red doors. Ours is a burnt orange right now - no burnt orange!

You have inspired me! I need to go decorate something...

Dana said...

Oh, and I am coming to your neck of the woods for Craigslist stuff. Our Craigslist is so ghetto!

Rachel said...

Yes, i think a dark red door would be gorgeous.

And I laughed so hard at Junie in Mac's jeans. Dads...are hilarious sometimes.

Mikele said...

I must be your really cool and not at all dorky friend. I'm number 13. Red door. June is so weird. The swingset is so cool. Will there be anything left for me to do? Good job, Mia!!!!!! That's a whole heck of a lot of verses.

Kristin said...

Wheaton is where the AWANA headquarters are - you are in the AWANA "belt." Good job Amelia on all that memorizing. I can tell she was in Sparks - was she a Skipper this year?

Kristi said...

I didn't read through all the comments, so forgive me if this is redundant -- dark red door with a wreath would be so lovely!!

Kristi said...

Ok, I'm an idiot, why did I not read through first? Now I say purple door. Just to be different.

mini and brother said...

I feel the love everyone!! It's almost like you're all here!! I wish! Thanks for all the encouragement!!