Saturday, May 09, 2009

Day 15, 16 and move in day!


My super sister Kerstin came all the way from Iowa to save the day. She took care of Mac (sick) and cleaned like mad! Thanks a million!
She hung every single crystal!

Appliances arrived.Good job Kers!Really friendly appliance guy!New microwave!New fridge and the really friendly guy again.Tea party for the naughties!done! $30.OO cRAIGSLIST!20 dollars Craigslist.Macker wanted out of this strange house. Glad Aunt Kers noticed!Scooter smashing the garbage! The were coming to get it in the morning.

Hi Blog Friends! I am so sorry for the delay in the update. We've been a little busy and then the computer was disconnected! Yesterday we got our new bed. We have slept on Scott's late grandfathers old mattress for the last 10 years! It was about time. This guy was a little scared when I took the picture.
At one point we had 3 large trucks in the from of our house.



Goodbye old dumpster! Miss you!



We glued the mantle to the wall. Then I primed the part of the wall that was tan.






Our wool TJMaxx rug. Love it.



Huge our new Ikea curtians, I hope you approve CB.



This wonderful guy showed up!!!



Stand for our TV. We got it at a used place for $40.00.






Primed and caulked.



I added these little decorative wood pieces to cover the screw holes. (Hobby Lobby $1.49)



Hung the spray painted light fixture. I love Craigslist.



Dining room chandelier is so cool!






Stuff in our workroom in the basement.



Toys in our unfinished basement.



Really tired Scott!



Really tired Lance.






View from the kitchen.



New rug.



View from the family room.



Painted the primed part.






All painted.






MOVING MORNING!!! I wish I would have remembered my camera at the townhouse! EMPTY!



Macker loved Lance, just like all the Murray kids.



Mac was just watching all the action.



Tired moving guys.






The cable guy didn't want his picture taken... Ooops.



Empty truck!



Painted the bottom black and this week I'm going to do the chairs!



A real table.

























Per Kerstins suggestion we sprayed the fan and it looks brand new.



Kitchen almost clean!



I still need to do laundry.



And organize the garage.






I should probably take off the tags on a couple of things.



Our living room. Nice girl from around church and around the corner came over to help me move furniture.



View from the dining room.



Family room tv.






View if I turn around!



My blogging spot. We are thankful and excited about finally having a house. Time for bed.






If you looked at this whole post, thank you! You are each one welcome anytime!!


These dudes sure worked hard!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

I sure hope you keep the clock right where you have it ... that's one of my favorite things ... that and the tea kettle! Sign me up for a visit ...

Robyn said...

I think rustoleum spray paint should use you as their spokesperson. I can't wait to see what gets sprayed next. Love you guys and wish I was there to help organize and put stuff away. Soooo glad Lance could be there!!!

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

My favorite parts:
1. All of your bargain finds...you need to be on HGTV!
2. Macker sitting on the front lawn by himself.
3. Your whole house.
4. You!

I bet you'll find us knocking on your door one day...just to give you big hugs cause we miss you so much! Great job super Mom!

Kers said...

How's it feel to have all of your stuff in one location?!???!? Dreamy I'm sure. Can't wait to visit soon. Yay for LANCE!!! How about pics of the kids rooms? Did you find some blinds for the boys'? Happy Mommy's Day!!

Kristi said...

WOW. !!!!

I hope you get EXTRA pampered today!

tara said...

Ummm...just wondering, I know you're probably tired and all, but we're moving in about two weeks?

Congratulations on your beautiful new home, Katie and Happy Mother's Day!!!

Blog Stalker said...

Everything looks fantastic. I can't wait to see it all in person. Is there a spot for the girl and I to sleep?

feather said...

I love every picture... I am not kidding that your chandelier is the same one we ordered for our new house! Great choice! That really isn't Diet Rite your drinking is it????

Mikele said...

It's still so weird to me that your living room view from the kitchen and vice versa look soooo similar to your Phoenix house! I can't wait to get there - 3 days!!!

Dana said...

Beautiful, beautiful! You are my inspiration!

Oh, and I'm with Heather - Diet Rite?? Is that back??

Rachel said...

We are on the way! Love all the posts - especially the pics of random people. Cable guy - what's with him??