Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our Miracle Boy

At 7 1/2 months our sweet little Scotty was diagnosed with EE. (Eosinophilic esophagitis) We were told that he would ALWAYS have this condition. The best case scenario would be to find several foods he could tolerate and rely on Elecare for the majority of his nutritional needs. This was not very easy for us to swallow. (no pun intended) He's had more scopes than I can count and each time they say his esophagus seems inflamed and the biopsies would come back with eosinophils present. This past year he has been more healthy than ever and he is eating more and more foods without any complications. (THANK YOU,GOD) So this morning he and I went to a new hospital for a scope to see how his insides are doing. He wasn't too excited to be a the hospital but I told him that as soon as he wakes up from the medicine we'd get him a sprinkle donut or 2***. Remember, he's been through a lot.

He's a total rockstar.

We got the best news ever. The doctor reported that his esphagous is perfect. PERFECT!
This new doctor said there was NO evidence of any abnormalities. He took a couple biopsies but he said he is confindent that he no longer has EE.

Scott and I are so thankful to God for how he has continued to healed our Scotty.
Psalm 126:3
The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
***Today Scotty has eaten 2 chocolate sprinkle donut, a large chocolate chip cookie, goldfish, apple juice, Sprite and I'm just waiting for his next request.

13 comments:

Mikele said...

It's the most wonderful news in the whole wide doughnut filled world. Normal. Who would have ever thought!?! Praise the Lord.

Carrie said...

What a blessing! Wow. Bring on the sprinkled donuts. PERFECT!!!

Amy Hogan said...

I just love that Junie - his hug made my day today! Praise God!

Astraea said...

Praise the Lord!!!!!

Kers said...

Remember when we were praying he didn't end up like the children of those ladies at that support group - skinny with those back packs? Never did I dream he would answer our prayers so mightily! Perfect. No evidence of eosinophils? Praising God for that little sucker!

Kim F said...

WOW! Amazing news! What a blessing! My heart is full for you. (Let that precious boy eat anything he wants. =)

feather said...

Truly a miracle! The Lord is so good!

We will send him some yummy Krispy Kremes a whole dozen, just for him!

Kristi said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just started tearing up reading this, major praise, love that little guy (my future son-in law)


Sean

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

That is the most beautiful esophagus I have ever seen! God is Good. All the time!
I wish I could send you a dozen donuts Scotty!!

Robyn said...

I flash back to many hard months in the past and many times we were tempted to despair at his potential future...what a miraculous and merciful and amazing outcome! Thank you Jesus!

Annabelle said...

Yay, Scotty!!! What great news to hear! I'm so happy!

Rachel said...

That is awesome and wonderful news!! Praise God for His complete and total healing of Scotty. Amazing!! And his menu for today sounds pretty good to me... ;)