Saturday, June 09, 2012

Girls on the Run

Today our family got up super early to head to the city for a 5k. Amelia was in the coolest program this spring called Girls on the Run.  She loved it! Today was the big race for she and her "buddy" Scott.

It was a beautiful morning and it took nearly 2 hours (TRAFFIC) to arrive at the parking ramp at Soldier Field.
BUT... when we got there it was CRAAAAZY! 14,000 girls running.  I never even got out of our car. I couldn't take it. I guess you could say, I know my limits and... this. was. it. The boys were super sad not to see Sissy run but when I offered an fun alternative they quickly recovered.

Hello, empty splash pad at 8:00am.

Sammer was in HEAVEN!

We all were!
Macker even took at shower. 

We walked over to check out the Bean.
 Sammer had a little snack.
 Thanks Juner, for helping turn Sammer's head.
 
Yes, a stranger took our picture. Notice my bright white new tennies, I got them yesterday for a dollar at a garage sale. (Don't worry I washed them with bleach in the machine)
 
Meanwhile, these 2 little sweethearts were pounding the pavement. I'm so proud of them.


During the race!
On the bus on the way home! Tired little girl.
 Then baseball.
 Finally, the pool...
 
Full day, I love summer!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU HAVE THE BEST BLOG IN THE WORLD!


word

Robyn said...

Quite a day! I would have bailed on the crowd too. Nice new shoes! And Amelia looks darling and sun kissed at the pool...reminds me of AZ days....

Katie and Bret said...

Fun! The splash pad looks like the perfect spot during the run. Let's plan a pool day together :)

Mikele said...

I love tennies in downtown chicago!
Great job Amelia & Scott!

Amy Hogan said...

I wish my kiddos were still little when I see all your fun :)