Thursday, July 05, 2012

July 1= Big Storm

Last Sunday we had just gotten home from church, Sammer and I ran to Trader Joe's to get a few things for the company we were having that evening. I told the kids that when I got home I'd take them to the pool. As I was driving I noticed that the sky was pretty dark to the west but I didn't think much of it.  We did our shopping but as we were checking out I got a text from Scoot.
"This is the worst storm I have ever seen. Be careful." I looked out the window and it was as dark as night. Sam and I spent the next 30+ minutes waiting for the storm to pass. This was how our neighborhood looked as we arrived home. Thankfully no one was hurt.
These were all pictures that I took as we walked around our hood shortly after the storm passed.
We spent the next day and a half with no electricity.







Here's Scoot removing a tree from our back yard.

2 comments:

Katie and Bret said...

That is CRAZY! Thankful you guys are all safe.

Robyn said...

Unreal. Yes, thankful for your safety and no damage to your house!