Sunday, July 08, 2007

Fun with Nanny and Papa

I think my parents are getting sad for the kids to leave Iowa. My dad and mom both have teared up talking about it...on several occasions.

In the morning the kids want to cuddle with my mom or dad. NOT ME...Junie wants to do whatever my dad is doing. He literally copies everything.If he's awake he's asking for Papa. The other day he woke up from his nap, we came up from the basement and he said, "Papa, are you?? Are you?"

"I'm in here Dursh, (that's what he calls Scott) are you ready for the park?"

Scotty leaped out of my arms yelling, "Shoes, are you?" He found them, brought them to me to put on. He said THANK YOU and walked to the door. Then they were off to the park.

The entire month we've been here, my mom has sat in the middle of the kids in the backseat of the car. They play silly games with their legs. Man, are they going to be bored when they're alone in the back of the minivan.


My dad has decided that Scotty is no longer a baby. He puts him in the big kid swing...
... and he pushes him really high. Junie loves it.






7 comments:

Astraea said...

You have amazing parents! What a blessed family.

Anonymous said...

What great memories for your kids...they are going to be so sad too!!! Enjoy every last moment of your time together :)

Jenny said...

Joe is seriously ready to move to Iowa...We look forward to seeing all of you again. It's so cool here you'll be shocked! HA! Ha!

Anonymous said...

What a great month it's been for you guys! Your mom and dad are such inbcredible grandparents! I want to be just like them when I "grow up"...

Rachel said...

Shawn is sad that you're going to be leaving, too, and not posting anymore beautiful pictures. (And, like Joe, making him want to move to Iowa. Seriously, we've already talked about it.)

Your parents are great grandparents! We've loved seeing all the pictures of your adventures.

Mikele said...

Well, I didn't tell you before, but your parents called last night and were so upset that you guys were leaving, sooooo I booked another flight for me and my kids and we'll see you guys in a month.

Anonymous said...

I call September.