Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Grandma's Day

My mom has been in a prayer group with 4 wonderful ladies for 20+ years. (since I was in 7th grade with all their kids). We've all grown up but the moms are still praying for us once a week. I'm so thankful for all of their prayers and friendship.
Just some of the grand kids...Some kids playing on the firetruck.
This is wonderful Susan who is a faithful blog reader. She had 2 SONS and 3 grandSONS. Here she is with her beautiful daughters-in-law. Hopefully more babies are in the future(GIRLS!!).Running around in the flowers.
Mini and Sweet Haddie.
This is Brother with little David. He is the most friendly little guy I've ever met. He could not stop hugging and kissing my kids. Fortunately, the loved it.
See what I mean.

3 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Ok, I am not sure what mental picture I had of Iowa before your trip...but it was nothing like the pictures you post. Iowa is awesome! It is beautiful. And, you can appearantly walk everywhere from your parents house. I think I like Iowa. Of course I will have to stay at your parents house for a month to finalize my decision.

Astraea said...

Katie, you're making me want to move to Iowa! Did you see how hot it was in AZ today?!?! Grace had to ride her scooter inside the house!

Rachel said...

Shawn keeps telling me that Iowa looks so great because of your pictures! I think it's still a little too cold for me.

I wanted to say what a blessing your mom's prayer group is - I love that you've all been prayed over for so long. What a great legacy!