Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

My Scooter cleaned the entire house yesterday as my Mother's Day present. (best gift ever!) So this morning when Scooter left a little after 7, I made the kids breakfast in bed. This last week I asked a friend of mine what she did on Mother's Day and if it was a hard day for her because her mom passed away when my friend was a senior in college. Anyway, she told me the coolest story about her mom. She said that every Mother's Day her mom made she and her sister breakfast in bed to thank them for being her kids. She explained that she would never be a mom if it wasn't for her them so the day was really in their honor. I loved, loved, loved the idea so I thought I'd try it.



The kids were up around 6:00 (as usual) so I sent them each up to their own room and told them I needed to talk to them separately. They looked confused.

Then I gave them each a tray and sang to them. They LOVED it.

I forgot Macker was old enough to care about breakfast in bed. When he saw the teenagers with their food he pointed to his bed and "Macker, ni-night?"

Lucky for me his sheets had already been removed (leaky diaper). He loved his cinnamon roll on a paper plate.Later we gardened together. Peppers, strawberries, tomatoes...


Macker was way more into the digging.
We also went on a family bike ride and had friends over for dessert. Such a fun day.



Macker's starting to like his bike!

I love these little sweethearts and I am thankful that I have been chosen to be their mom.

PS- Junie asked me if I would serve him his dinner tonight... in bed.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

That Junie...he's a smartie! And how sweet is that, Katie? I love that idea, and I just may steal it one day. You're a great mom.

Dana said...

You are the best mom. Will you adopt me?? Love that Macker asked to eat in bed. Too cute!

Hey - my hubby did good at a garage sale this weekend - $10 bike for Sydney and Jr. Boggle for .25!

Mikele said...

I love "the Macker."

Blog Stalker said...

What a good idea. I can't believe you forgot poor Macker. Why wouldn't he want to be like the big kids?

Kristi said...

Seriously. I keep telling you to adopt me and you never do. Should I be taking a hint?! Love all that you are/do!

feather said...

I love the picture of you and the kids, that should be framed (if it's not already). Great idea and Happy Mother's Day!

Carrie said...

Hi ... Martha. Love the garden! Breakfast in bed is a fabulous idea. I LOVE that too! I think I might make that as a request tomorrow :)