Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recap

****UPDATED****

This morning 2:00am Macker woke up with a high temp, poor buddy.

I took him to the doctor this morning but it's NOT strep, just a bad virus. (glad Nanny and Papa are coming tomorrow to save the day!!)

Last night our friend Lance stopped in to surprise us, can you tell the kids were excited? Oh, he also brought us a treat...


Macker has been working so hard on his 'jump' but his little feet never leave the ground. The teenagers tried and tried to teach him...


Here's the kids jumpshot. (we're going to keep practicing...)

We're still loving our new grass and Scoot has been so diligent about the watering. The other day Sissy had a friend over named Lindsey. She's such a nice girl. Lindsey has a little sister with Down Syndrome and we've told her how much we love people with DS and we told her about our special friend Luke Williams... anyway, when I was giving the kids a snack after school Lindsay said, "Excuse me, Mrs. Murray, I remember you telling me that someone in your family has Down Syndrome, is it your son Scott?" (she pointed right to Junie) I tried so hard not to laugh. I explained that it wasn't someone in our family it was someone that we love. I then snuck to the laundry room and called Robyn and we laughed our heads off!!
Lindsey taught our little AZ children all about earth worms. When Scott was watering some worms came to the surface and Lindsey walked right over and picked one up. Junie didn't want to be left out so he joined her. Macker wanted to be like the big kids but I don't really know what that is in his hand.

Junie actually really liked the worms. He's come a long way since his first encounter. A year ago right now...


**** Update... the ibuprofen is working....





8 comments:

Scott Murray said...

Probably the BEST blog post I have seen in a long, long time! Love it baby!

Kers said...

Can't stop laughing at that one but so sorry about Mr. Macker. Hope no one else gets it.

Robyn said...

Glad Lance could visit!!! Thankful Mac is feeling better enough to jump again. Sorry Junie has a touch of Downs ;)

Dana said...

What a life at your house - each blog post is full of so many fun things I want to comment about! Glad to see Macker in on the mend. How do they bounce back so quickly??

Mikele said...

Love the four pictures in the background!

I want to zip up Macker.

Carrie said...

I'm dead tired. Walked 8 thousand miles at LegoLand. I am burned and I was pretty sure I was going to have a baby ... 4 weeks early today. But this was the BEST POST!!!!

Rachel said...

So cute! Love Macker jumping and jumping and finally getting it! What a good big bro Junie is. Glad Mac's feeling better.

Kristi said...

Could your kids be any cuter? I think not.