Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Downtown


Scott was busy all day Saturday with a ministry event so the kids and I decided to go on an adventure. We arrived at the train station at 6:30am and caught the first train. The babies were excited.
Transformer 3 has been filming on Michigan Ave and the kids and I needed to get in on the action. Although the streets were blocked off we could still see some cool smacked cars.

The bridge was up...





I can't begin to tell you how hot and humid it was that day. The kids and I walked from the train station to Michigan Ave and they were burning up.

It was so worth, can you see the car hanging over the edge?

Some people told us to wait on this bridge because people were jumping off the Trump Tower. We did and it was AWESOME. The stunt guys actually jumped out of a helicopter behind the tower but it looked like they were jumping off the building. (I videoed it but can't upload, stupid Motionbox) Can you see the platform in the Chicago River? That's were they landed.


They were filming a sceen right on those stairs.

Burned out boat.

See the cool cars in the background. Cool!

TAKE US TO THE CHILDREN'S MUSEUM!

Walked to Navy Pier and I enjoyed the AC while the kids played like crazy.

Selling ice cream.

Singing.

Seriously, MACKER!!!

Pretended to be on a bus...

Watched a FREE pirate show.

Took a bus to our favorite splash pad.

Cooling off.

Macker was so hot and tired he spent the majority of his time like this.

Sissy was loving it!


Then back to the train. 3 tired little sweethearts. I love spending my day with them.

4 comments:

Mikele said...

WHAT is that picture with the transformer on top!!!!!???

feather said...

Now I really want to see Transformers!!! What a fun day and is Macker drinking the splash pad water?

Kristi said...

I keep telling you to adopt me, but you never do...

Robyn said...

Admit it, Chicago is pretty stinkin' awesome. Sorry Owen couldn't make it--he would have LOVED it. Macker drinking the water makes me nervous...