Sunday, July 11, 2010

Super Saturday!

Our Saturday started with our family bike ride to Wheaton French Market. I found Amelia a big bike at a garage sale ($5.00) a couple weeks ago and she is fast as lightening. The only thing that slowed us down was the train.
Donuts.
Look at my hunk of a husband!
Next we drove to Lincoln Park with our friends the Tuckers and enjoyed the zoo. The weather was perfect.
Helllo polar bear.
Scooter was ready for the beach!
We walked across a cool bridge and were greeted by a sea of people. (think Jersey Shore)
Hey kids, who's ready to swim and build sand castles?!! (Sis got that pose from Jen)
Are we having fun?
Wow, why is no one in the water?
Well, that's because the levels of bacteria were too high and swimming was NOT ALLOWED!! Seriously? Seriously. Kids were sad for about 3 seconds until we reminded them that there was a cool splash pad back in the zoo. Next time maybe the City of Chicago would like to post some type of a warning before we get all the way to the water.
Junie was STARVING so we made a quick stop on the way home.
Overall, a really great day with really nice friends.

7 comments:

Mikele said...

Is that Gino's???? Now, I'm starving.

I want to see Amelia's bike. If you see another one that cheap, just mail it over.

Kers said...

What a great day and so glad AmeliaLou likes her new suit! :)

Jasmyn said...

The summers there look just dreamy!
Can come out there just to go garage sale shopping with you?

feather said...

I love the Run DMC shirt, does he have a Vanilla Ice one too?

Looks like fun, except the bacteria filled waters....

Robyn said...

Gotta love Lake Michigan. Ew. So glad you guys had a fun day with friends!

Carrie said...

Wish I could have packed myself in Ben's bag. I'm coming next time. Not to the bacteria infested waters ... but to your house. Okay?

Stephanie said...

You were totally in my neighborhood! Also, I never swim in this side of Lake Michigan ... just can't do it! :)