Tuesday, July 06, 2010

What a Saturday!

My stinkin' computer had NOT been working correctly, sorry for the long delay in blogging...


Sissy loved her musical camp and she was a total rock star! See her in the front!?

The poodle skirt was her favorite part.

Sissy worked on her line all week.... "The Bible reminds us we are never alone."


The show ended about 8:45 and jumped in our car then we drove and drove and finally arrived at Nanny and Papa's house around midnight. We got up really early and headed to downtown Cedar Rapids to claim our spot along the parade route. The sweethearts with Nanny.

All those wonderful other cousins arrived.


Macker wasn't too into having a picture with me.

The parade was awesome and there was sooooo much candy.

The big kids even shared with Papa.

Macker scored a sweet star sucker.



See what I mean about alllll the candy? The naughty babies loved riding together.


We spent the rest of the day bike riding and hanging out on my parents driveway. Before the kids and I headed back home we decided to have a family picnic in the park.





Papa had fun swinging the girl cousins.

Picnic time.

Hey everyone!! Look over here...

Time to swing the boy cousins.


I left the kids at the park with Nanny the rest of the family while I ran home to pack up our stuff so that we could drive back home. I was only at their house about 5 minutes when my phone rang, it was my little sister assuring me that Junie was just fine but he did have a fall and cut his chin..... we the next thing you know we ended up here.....


Nanny gave plenty of love to Junie.


Big cousin Hank came along for support too. They gave the boys a computer to play with while we waited.

Poor guy... I'm not going to say he was an easy patient (he had to be held down in a straight jacket) but we're thankful it's over. Interestingly, the doctor/PA that did the stitches was a friend that I graduated from high school with. You've got to love Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Okay, so the when we got home from the hospital, after getting him a Dilly Bar he went potty and it was RED. I mean really, really red. My mom is a nurse and she said we should call back to the hospital and see what they think, we did and they said to come back. We did, they checked him and diagnosed him with Gross Hematuria. (aka. blood in urine) I already knew that. He's been fine ever since so we're thinking it had to do with the fall. Regardless, we are so thankful that he is healthy.

7 comments:

Mikele said...

1. Nice carseat, Macker.

2. CR is like Arkasas.

3. Poor Juner - Had I not already knew, I would have marched right up to you and demanded to know what happened to that sweet boy.

4. Wish I was with you...

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Where is "Arkasas"?

Love the pictures of you and Macker...little stinker!

Junie is a super cute patient!

Love your sweet family!

feather said...

I'm glad your computer is working, I missed the updates!

Sissy's performance was so cute, Great Job!

Can I get one of the Criddle Grandkids T-Shirt?

Give lots of love (and chocolate) to that Junie, he's been through A LOT!

Robyn said...

What everyone else said. :)
Sorry about Junie's chin and so glad he was ok with the whole Gross Hematuria thing!

Mikele said...

Shooooooot!

Jasmyn said...

I am glad those kids of yours know how to keep you on your toes, otherwise, think of how bored you be all the time!

Glad your back, I had to ask Kel what was going on because you hadn't posted in so long!!!

Kers said...

Junie's eyes in that last pic say it all - he looks wiped out! What a great 24 :)