Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Sunny Day

My 3 BFF's and I were looking for an adventure. We decided our fun activity for Thursday would be downtown to our favorite spots. First stop... Millennium Park. They have an interactive kids program everyday in the summer. Here there are hoarding all the bean bags. What you can't see are the angry faces of the children around them waiting their turn... ooops.
Hot moves, Sissy. Even that little guy couldn't help but stare.
What do you think? Is this a framer? I might submit it here.
Craft time. Macker ate an entire orange marker during this project.
Time to hang them. Junie coached the poor volunteer about exactly where his house should go.

Bean time!! One of these kids is doin' his own thing. One of these kids just isn't the same.
I can't tell you how long he laid this way staring at himself with a cracker in his mouth. Yep, free fun.
Guys, pose for me and you can have your 14th bag of gummie snacks.
Poor Macker, he didn't have any clean swim trunks so I broke out these oldies. He looked at them really strange and tried to pull the legs down. He then looked at me and asked, "These broken?"
No way!! They're perfect... time to dance.
Then we walked to the American Girl Place on Michigan Ave. On the way there we passed some vender's handing out FREE juice. Each kid got 12 ounces all to themselves. They thought it was Christmas, not having to share. The only catch, it was a new Minute Maid Enhanced Strawberry Kiwi with Yerba Mate. The Yerba Mate is a "natural" caffeine. The lady let me know that 12 oz of this magic juice is the caffeine equivalent of 2 Cokes. Neat. Needless to say after finishing their juice they were in rare form.

American Girl Star.
Macker tried out each stroller, toy and doll he could reach.
Hey, that looks like fun.
As we were exiting the Ghiradelli Chocolate Store (we only walked in got a free sample and turned around and walked out) we noticed some cool guys with large pretend Twizzlers on their back. We crossed the street and they handed us a new candy to try... SWEET AND SOUR TWIZZLERS. The reviews were mixed. Sissy liked the red only. Junie loved them all even though he said they hurt his tongue (he also had "loose stools" after) and Macker took one bite and spit it everywhere.
Overall, the perfect day in the city with my 3 bff's.

7 comments:

Mikele said...

Do you think June's "problem" was the twizzler or the caffene drink or the gummys... or a combo mixed with chocolate? Wish we were there to share in the fun.

Robyn said...

Looks like a super fun downtown day :)(apart from the resulting loose stools for June). Love the awkward photo. Are we hanging out with you and your 3 BFFs this week?!?

Jasmyn said...

I don't know how you do these big excursions downtown without any help and 3 kids! You inspire me with every post!!!

Stephanie said...

bahaha... macker's quote about them being broken. love him!

Rachel said...

Three kids + Yerba-whatever?! Wow. You are a brave woman. :)

Carrie said...

I need some natural caffeine! And a bean ... with a cracker ... so I can stare at myself for hours. And I have an original American Girl doll ... from when I was 12! Maybe A and I can play sometime??

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.