Thursday, October 02, 2008

Downtown

When I picked up Amelia from school we walked 2 blocks to the candy shop. It's the cutest little red door that is just a tiny hallway filled with candy. Amelia said it was like Willie Wonka. I'll take pictures of it next time. I didn't want to scare the old man working there.
The bag Scotty is carrying is popcorn from the same store. $1.25 for the bag. When you walk in you get a little bag and fill it with whatever you want. Each piece of candy is between 5 and 15 cents. Can you imagine?!


The train came by on our way home. This is the same train you can see when you're standing at our front door.
And a picture of the train station.
Posted by Picasa
We're excited to go to Cedar Rapids tonight through Saturday to see my family.
Don't worry, I'll take pictures;-)

10 comments:

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

How in the world can Mac sleep through a trip to the candy store? :-)
Looks like fun!

Robyn said...

"Bye MOOOM!" Junie is something else. Miss those three crazy kids. That looks like a frieght train...does the Metra run along that same line? Just curious. Convenient for when we visit to walk to the station and head downtown ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel like you live in a fairy land! I love it!

Kristi said...

If only I wasn't married to a guy allergic to the cold -- I may have followed you up there! Prettiness!

Holly W. said...

Hi Katie. It looks so beautiful and clean there. I love all the pictures. Mac doesn't look like he's hungry:-)He is the cutest. What's your phone number? I want to talk to you on your phone with the long cord in the kitchen:-)Have fun in Cedar Rapids.

Mikele said...

The train station looks so cool. Have a great time in Iowa.

Carrie said...

Would you mind if I sent J How to your home ... just for a few weeks? He'd LOVE the train. You wouldn't have to do much with him ... just drop him off at the station and feed him a bit a food - ever so often? What do you think???

Rachel said...

It looks so nice there. Does the train bother you at night?

Casey, Aaron, Colby & McKenzie said...

What a cool little town....I wanna come visit sometime! When you are in CR go visit my sister & give her a giant squeezer from ME, Colby & Aaron!! I wanna be back in IA right now, such a pretty time of year!

Jasmyn said...

It looks like heaven! Beautiful seasons, a candy store AND a train station within walking distance. I am waiting to see Andy Griffith and Barney Fife in the background.
Miss seeing you around!!! Looks like you are settling right in though :)