Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 2

Today was quite a day. We put a second coat of white paint on the ceiling and they are DONE. We (Scott) removed all the doors in the kitchen.
There they are. Then we removed all the handles and hinges. Not a problem...

Then Sissy needed to go to the bathroom but we have a toilets in the house.... so Scott had her go in a cardboard box. She didn't know I took the picture...

We started to prime the cabinet and the looked AWFUL!!!!!!!! The worst ever. Clumpy and bumpy and drippy.... we were in over our heads! BIG TIME! Have you ever seen Renovation Realities... that was us. Jasmyn- I'm not as cool as you.
This guy was not too happy and he needed to be at church in about 45 minutes for the lock in prep. I had gotten a quote the day before from a nice guy I met in the paint section in Home Depot. It was too expensive for such an easy job... hahahahha
I called him and begged him to come right away!!!
HERE HE IS!!!!!!!!!! I love Bill Flood. He really saved the day!
The kids got candy and they were happy.
Macker ( IN Christmas jammers) passed out again.
Posted by Picasa
Javier and Jebierto did the tile in the laundry room and the powder room. Love it.
Garage.
Kitchen so much better!!! I love it! This is just the primer.
The hinges were sick and grubby and brass. I priced them at Home Depot and they were not cheap so... I sprayed them with silver paint and they look really cool. Javier told me to and gave me the color. Love it!
You can only get it at Ace. It will match with the new handles.
4
See the difference?
Junie and the dumpster in our driveway!
The doors. Poor gross flooring.
More of the painted stuff.
This is the purple bathroom, now with CarrieBostBlue. (she's my secret interior designer)
I love it!!!
Tomorrow, Lord willing, we are going to paint the entire downstairs that we didn't get done today and the tile will be finished. Please pray it all gets down before Monday when the wood floors start getting installed.

5 comments:

Jasmyn said...

Holy crap you guys don't slow down for one minute. Katie-don't sell yourself short, painting cabinets is hard and time consuming...and mine only look good from a distance:) Up close you can see all my mistakes. You will probably be happy that you had someone do them...and less headache for you! Can't wait to see them all done:)

Carrie said...

LOVE the paint!! Love, love, love the cabinets! It looks incredible! And Ben just said, "Oh, you're going to have to go see her place." Um ... YES I AM!!!!

Robyn said...

Good job!!! You're getting so much done already and it's going to look awesome! Thanks for the play by play...can't wait to to see what you accomplish tomorrow.

Kristi said...

I love this: we (Scott) :)

Lookin' GOOD. Why do I suddenly have an urge to renovate something?!

Mikele said...

What? No one's gonna mention Amelia pooping in a box????!?!?!?!?