Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 5

I found this ad on Criagslist for a mantle and surround. PERFECT!!
The person was asking $65.00 but I got it for $30.00
I drove over an hour and a half and when I got there it just barely fit in the car. I was so happy.
Hour and a half later I arrived at the new house and Scott met me there to unload it. (it's super heavy)
I made a special trip to the new house this morning to make sure that the dimensions fit our house. Her post said the widest part was 70 and 1/4 inch so that was perfect. It left about 1 1/2 inch on either side.

SHE WAS WRONG!!!!!!! It's about 76 inches if you include the sides of the mantle which are actually the widest part!
Can you tell that Scott is NOT happy. I'm not either. I want to cry a little...
On a happier note, the floors are pretty much gone.
Wood has arrived.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Carrie said...

It can be fixed ... no worries. I'll just email you :)

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I love watching it all come together. It's so warm and gorgeous....just like you.

Robyn said...

If anyone can tell you how to fix the mantle, CB can! Yay for hardwood...I bet it's going to be beautiful.

Jasmyn said...

wow, gorgeous wood for the floors. And I bet the your new BFF Javier or some of the other handy guys could trim that down to fit...or atleast I think that is what they do on HGTV. I watch a LOT of home improvement shows, can you tell?

Maggie said...

stupid mantle miss-measuring fools! your work looks great. it will be a cozy and beautiful home in no time.

tara said...

Whew...I just caught up on all your work and I'm exhausted. How do you get kids who sleep in the middle of the floor during renovations? Crazy! It looks awesome, Katie!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love projects? I can relate completely....great job!

Mikele said...

I can't wait to see the floors!

Rachel said...

Katie, I've spent the last 10 minutes catching up on the renovations - you guys are busy! So sorry about the mantle but the kids look great and I love the wood for the floors. Javier seems like a great guy suggesting that silver paint - you should keep him around!